BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Those black guard, executioners and chariots look amazing. Better pics then in the book. Still not sure about the warlocks/dark riders, the barded armor looks very big to me for fast cavalry. Also would love the 360 for the scourgerunner, still not 100% sure whats going on.

There's a 360 of the chariots in the ipad army book. It has one big wheel at the back.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'nSmurfs View Post
    There's a 360 of the chariots in the ipad army book. It has one big wheel at the back.
    Cool thanks, the harpoon launcher is also a bit vague, does it looks like a blowpipe construction?

I'm not convinced of the Black Guard. Details, helmets and all look fine enough, but I do not like the pose at all. They look like 3rd edition plastic sprues. When I heard they would be together with Executioners, I was looking forward, since they both carry two-handed weapons. It should have been easy enough to make dynamic and threatening poses with them. They did a little better with the Executioners, but even they could have been better.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Justus Ackermann View Post
    I'm not convinced of the Black Guard. Details, helmets and all look fine enough, but I do not like the pose at all. They look like 3rd edition plastic sprues. When I heard they would be together with Executioners, I was looking forward, since they both carry two-handed weapons. It should have been easy enough to make dynamic and threatening poses with them. They did a little better with the Executioners, but even they could have been better.
    I understand your thoughts however I think it fits the fluff behind black guard. They are guardians and not berserker's like witch elves and executioners. Sometimes the silent/static approach can prove even more threatening then the aggressive approach. But thats how I see it. Also it helps ranking up the models.

Chapter-Master

one big wheel makes no sense at all on a chariot, that would definitely have to be changed. the dark steeds would need some dentistry too, otherwise not too bad.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    one big wheel makes no sense at all on a chariot, that would definitely have to be changed. the dark steeds would need some dentistry too, otherwise not too bad.
    Yup... one sharp turn and that chariot goes tumbling...

That being said... I really do like the aesthetic of the new miniatures even if some of them are a bit goofy on the design. This really is no different then the High Elves Skycutter... great looking model... but pretty awkward if you start thinking about how it functions.

Still.. it's Fantasy... and a game.... so I try not to lose myself in serious thought too much.
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

Fly Lord

Oh come on - this is Fantasy.

I'm sure Malekith just cast some "Curse of Non-tipping" on them at the factory.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    Oh come on - this is Fantasy.

I'm sure Malekith just cast some "Curse of Non-tipping" on them at the factory.
    Yup. Silly humans. Elves can do it!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

It does not makes sense? Weeeell, thats a long list in WHF....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast