BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sisters Codex?

I've converted some Bretonnian damsels to be priestesses.
    Pics?
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

No pics sorry, I'm working on it. I'm almost as fast as the AdMech.

Chicop, they are Finecast now which makes it a lot easier. Swapped the sword on one for a bolt pistol and on the other I lopped the head off her spear and replaced it with a large Fleur de Lys I had lying around and 40k'd it up with some purity seals. It still looks a bit fantasylike but whatever, she's a priestess not a Space Marine.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    No pics sorry, I'm working on it. I'm almost as fast as the AdMech.

Chicop, they are Finecast now which makes it a lot easier. Swapped the sword on one for a bolt pistol and on the other I lopped the head off her spear and replaced it with a large Fleur de Lys I had lying around and 40k'd it up with some purity seals. It still looks a bit fantasylike but whatever, she's a priestess not a Space Marine.
    Cool idea, but how do you deal with one sitting side saddle on a horse?

Chapter-Master

Basic Sisters are still a little overpriced, and I don't know what's up with all of those acts of faith that give stuff like furious charge to units that suck in assault, but otherwise, pretty good.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Anyone else having problems downloading it from the BL site?

Edit: Nevermind *shakes fist at BL.com*
    Yeah, the Black Library website is a total mess. Can't even correctly checkout if you're using Chrome, the last time I tried to buy books there anyway. I had to fire up IE...

It sounds like the sisters players around here should be relatively happy with this one till the real thing eventually comes.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Basic Sisters are still a little overpriced, and I don't know what's up with all of those acts of faith that give stuff like furious charge to units that suck in assault, but otherwise, pretty good.
    Celestians have that Act of Faith. While they are not a great dedicated CC unit...when they charge and use their Act of Faith they are Str 4, 2+1 Attacks. And the Act also effects Characters in that unit. So your Priest using his War Hymn with Smash would be Str7 AP2.
    Again, not a huge game winning moment. But perhaps enough to kill that small unit that is in your lines or on an Objective.

Personally I never take Celestians (they really need CC weapon options like Chainswords) as I'd rather spend the points on more Battle Sisters.

The Repentia Act is pretty great though...3+ FnP. They also have Fleet and will be 4 Attacks each on the charge!!! With an Eviscerator! Bye Bye Terminator squad!

Battle-Brother

So what about flyers? a) Did they get any, and b) did they get any skyfire units?

Chapter-Master

Repentia still don't have a transport to deliver them, so there's not much point with them.

Also, no, I don't see any. I don't think Sisters will be a particularly good stand-alone army, but they'll be awesome with allies.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Battle-Brother

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Repentia still don't have a transport to deliver them, so there's not much point with them.

Also, no, I don't see any. I don't think Sisters will be a particularly good stand-alone army, but they'll be awesome with allies.
    I thought repentia could access dedicated transports now?

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Zahariel View Post
    I thought repentia could access dedicated transports now?
    But no assault transport. It is not the best option, but it at least acts as a better delivery system then before...
    Check me out on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/InquisitorialMandate or search for MWG Leland!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast