BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

You know you can edit posts right?

There are a few units that have listed in their special rules a rule which is appended with (_____ only), meaning only that model gets the benefit but the unit still has it. I imagine this is a similar situation. When an IC joins a unit it forms one unit, their Psyker rule is added to the list of SRs the unit has but only the specific model gets access to it. A unit with a Psyker does have the Psyker rule in it, but only the model with it gains the benefit of it. The Condemnor shot rule states that units with the rule take a Perils test, not models. So a unit with a Psyker would have to take the test. It is poorly worded, I wouldn't blame anyone for rolling a dice to decide it each game.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Battle-Brother

@ eldargirl you have a good point.
    But the main point I want to make is that there is no rule that allows you to force your opponent to put the perils on his attached IC with this new weapon as it is written now. It says the unit with the psyker rule takes a perils not the model in the unit with the rule

Quote Originally Posted by dr.insanotron View Post
    @ eldargirl you have a good point.
    But the main point I want to make is that there is no rule that allows you to force your opponent to put the perils on his attached IC with this new weapon as it is written now. It says the unit with the psyker rule takes a perils not the model in the unit with the rule
    Well ... you're right that there is no rule that tells us what to do when a unit has to suffer the Perils of the Warp. I'm not sure I buy that the most reasonable interpretation is that nothing happens.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nabterayl View Post
    Well ... you're right that there is no rule that tells us what to do when a unit has to suffer the Perils of the Warp. I'm not sure I buy that the most reasonable interpretation is that nothing happens.
    Yeah... The warp is only interested in those that commune with the warp...
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    Yeah... The warp is only interested in those that commune with the warp...
    No it isn't.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Battle-Brother

I'm not saying nothing happens. I'm saying the unit takes a perils of the warp wound and a model will take a wound with no saves of any kind, I just don't see how everyone thinks it is automatically the Sorcerer/Libby

Quote Originally Posted by dr.insanotron View Post
    the unit takes a perils of the warp wound and a model will take a wound with no saves of any kind
    Well, on what basis do you say even that much?

Has anyone looked at the actual perils rule yet though? The hit from the gun causes an auto peril right? The rule says

If the roll for the Psychic test is either a double 1 or double 6 (whether the test was passed or not) this indicates that something horrible has happened to the Psyker...The Psyker immediately suffers 1 Wound with no save of any kind allowed...

Since no power is going off you can suppose that the hit from the weapon is causing the same effect as a roll of a double 6
    In a unit of five non psykers and one psyker the affect of the "perils hit" would be resolved against any model in the unit with the psyker special rule and the hit/wound would be resolved against the closest model to the firer. the Perils rule presupposes that it can only affect Psykers.

in a squad that has the brotherhood of psyker rule and also contains an IC w/the psyker special rule neither confer their special rule on each other but he IC acts as a Character in that unit per the IC rules

"While an independent character is part of a unit, he counts as part of the unit for all rules purposes, though he still follows he rules for characters."

the brotherhood of psyker rule says that the perils is resolved against the character if there is one or if not against a random non character model in the unit. If there's an IC psyker and a character psyker the unit essentially has two psyker characters that the perils would have to be resolved against before you can take it on the griblys. As to which of the two it goes on first well that's some thing to randomize w/a dice off or go off of whomever is closer to the shooter.

separate question. Since you can apparently look out sir a Farseer's Mind War, would you be able to have an IC in a brotherhood of psykers LOS one of these bolt gun shots?

Scout

The basis that the Sisters are witch hunters should pretty much let you know they are targeting the psyker in the unit. Yes, the rule is poorly worded, but when you consider the witch hunter bit, the intention becomes clearer.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by okrbot View Post
    Has anyone looked at the actual perils rule yet though? The hit from the gun causes an auto peril right? The rule says

If the roll for the Psychic test is either a double 1 or double 6 (whether the test was passed or not) this indicates that something horrible has happened to the Psyker...The Psyker immediately suffers 1 Wound with no save of any kind allowed...

Since no power is going off you can suppose that the hit from the weapon is causing the same effect as a roll of a double 6
    In a unit of five non psykers and one psyker the affect of the "perils hit" would be resolved against any model in the unit with the psyker special rule and the hit/wound would be resolved against the closest model to the firer. the Perils rule presupposes that it can only affect Psykers.

in a squad that has the brotherhood of psyker rule and also contains an IC w/the psyker special rule neither confer their special rule on each other but he IC acts as a Character in that unit per the IC rules

"While an independent character is part of a unit, he counts as part of the unit for all rules purposes, though he still follows he rules for characters."

the brotherhood of psyker rule says that the perils is resolved against the character if there is one or if not against a random non character model in the unit. If there's an IC psyker and a character psyker the unit essentially has two psyker characters that the perils would have to be resolved against before you can take it on the griblys. As to which of the two it goes on first well that's some thing to randomize w/a dice off or go off of whomever is closer to the shooter.

separate question. Since you can apparently look out sir a Farseer's Mind War, would you be able to have an IC in a brotherhood of psykers LOS one of these bolt gun shots?
    No, you can't have someone Look out Sir for a Farseer's Perils of the Warp.

Mind War is an gets 'interrupted' by the guy jumping out to save the character. whereas, perils is an outside influence attacking the psyker.

Note that the weapon has a damage profile of its own. It just has a side effect from a 'Hit'. The hit is not inflicting damage, it is triggering a special rule.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast