BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tyranids - classic Space Hulk color scheme

Been working on Tyranids. Wanted to stick with the classic space hulk genestealers style.

'Gants.

Last edited by StarWarsDoug; 10-20-2013 at 05:02 PM.

Tyrant. Arms are magnetized. This is the old metal Tyrant.

Last edited by StarWarsDoug; 10-20-2013 at 05:08 PM.

Good magnetization job on that tyrant. The arms still look like they're glued right into those ball-and-socket joints.

I really like the way you've done your blue plates here. How did you get the little blue flecks on them?

Quote Originally Posted by Nabterayl View Post
    Good magnetization job on that tyrant. The arms still look like they're glued right into those ball-and-socket joints.

I really like the way you've done your blue plates here. How did you get the little blue flecks on them?
    Stiff drybrushed. So the blue is Kantor, Nuln wash, Enchanted drybrush, then a enchanted hard edging on some models. I can't bring myself to hard edge a few hundred termagants, so those guys ended at the drybrush, I may go back later once more is done. The thing I wanted to do is make this scheme fast and repeatable for table top quality. Not going for any awards, here. And I'm happy with everything except the bases so far. The dead marine and ripper on the tyrant got faded out pretty bad with the sealer, so I need to touch those up. And both BigRed and I have talked about the bases just still being too bland...which is good as it highlights the model, but it's still lacks something. So I have some army painter wasteland tuft on order to add here and there for some variety.

For reference, the purple is screamer pink with a heavy drybrush of daemonette hide.

I think my tyranids need a repaint - those look awesome and I have such fond memories of space hulk...THX 4 INSPIRATION!

Quote Originally Posted by StarWarsDoug View Post
    The dead marine and ripper on the tyrant got faded out pretty bad with the sealer, so I need to touch those up.
    Olive Oil should bring it back to life, at least for a few months until the oil evaporates and needs a new coat. I don't think I'll ever use a spray varnish again, too heartbreaking when it goes wrong.

Awesome choice of colours you have there, must get going with my nids to stop [URL="http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?15821-%28wip%29-Swarmlord/page3"]this guy[/URL] looking so lonely in the display cabinet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast