BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Default Please please please don't deconstruct the emperor!

I can feel it coming. it's only a matter of time. It's like they can't resist. They're going to deconstruct him till they're is nothing left of the myth or mystery. The scifi fanboys are already slobbering for it, and the BB is going to oblige. It's already being hinted at in the HH. He'll be so deconstructed that we'll hate him like an abusive, alcoholic, racist, 1950s dad from some caricature-of-itself movie based in Hicktown Alabama, where he berates his beautiful, sensitive primarch children. They are going to Oedipus the living heck out of him. Watch. He'll be Joe Jackson within five years.
    Innocence Proves Nothing

Librarian

I personally would love to read about the emperor's Primarch finding mission, especially about his encounter on Fenris and with Leman Russ.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

welcome to the HH, destroying 40k background for a quick buck!
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    welcome to the HH, destroying 40k background for a quick buck!
    I would say illuminating, not destroying. What is great about the HH series is that we're learning first hand what happened, and can thereby see the true face of the "modern" Imperium and how it has fallen from the ideal that the Emperor wished it to become.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Quote Originally Posted by The Last Lamenter View Post
    He'll be so deconstructed that we'll hate him like an abusive, alcoholic, racist, 1950s dad from some caricature-of-itself movie based in Hicktown Alabama, where he berates his beautiful, sensitive primarch children.
    Don't we ... already hate him? The Emperor is a terrible human being. When has that not been the case? :P

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nabterayl View Post
    Don't we ... already hate him? The Emperor is a terrible human being. When has that not been the case? :P
    He's human?

I doubt he'll be an american stereotype considering where the studio is...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    I would say illuminating, not destroying. What is great about the HH series is that we're learning first hand what happened, and can thereby see the true face of the "modern" Imperium and how it has fallen from the ideal that the Emperor wished it to become.
    big point of the 40k background is that it has been 10000 years since the heresy and what is known is mostly myth scraps and congecture, by revealing every single detail oof the Heresy they are removing that mystery and speculation from the background.

again, the HH would make a great stand alone sci-fi saga, but its not stand alone.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Dude.

It's pretty obv.

Emperor is not the Emperor. He's just another Primarch type thing, but is to a Primarch what a Primarch is to a Marine.

Real power behind the throne is the Sigilite. And he continues to be up to something.....
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Dude.

It's pretty obv.

Emperor is not the Emperor. He's just another Primarch type thing, but is to a Primarch what a Primarch is to a Marine.

Real power behind the throne is the Sigilite. And he continues to be up to something.....
    *blink*

Mystery, you're not wearing your tin-foil hat. Whenever you're spouting out these weird theories, you know you're suppose to be wearing the tin-foil hat! [/end of lulz]

There has never been any doubt about the relationship between the Emperor and the primarchs. That the relationship between the Emperor and the Primarchs reflects the same relationship between the Primarchs and their Astartes is only natural. A Space Marine is a diluted reflection of the Emperor himself via the primarchs. But for all that, the Emperor is a singular being. There is no one as like Him.

Malcador the Sigilite is an interesting character. I'd love to see them do a book on him and his origins. You have to just know that he was the ruler of a nation before the Unification Wars and that he proved himself a worth adversary against the Emperor before realizing - by revelation from the Emperor - that Unification was the only answer and therefore submitted to the Golden Throne. He is, at best, a side-kick for the Emperor. This is even more greatly displayed when Malcador takes the Emperor's seat on the Golden Throne while the Emperor dealt with Horus in orbit. Even only sitting on the Golden Throne for such a short time (only a few hours at best) was enough to kill Malcador, even though he was the second most powerful psyker after the Emperor (and perhaps Magnus).

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder
    big point of the 40k background is that it has been 10000 years since the heresy and what is known is mostly myth scraps and congecture, by revealing every single detail oof the Heresy they are removing that mystery and speculation from the background.

Not at all! Just because you know more about something does not lessen it's wonder. Ancient man thought that the lights in the sky were gods moving about in the heavens -- but now modern man knows them to be balls of gas, stars of brilliant light; but for all that knowledge we still gaze upon them with as much delight as before. If anything, I appreciate the modern setting of WH40K more now that I am more fully seeing into the past. You need to put yourself further into the shoes of the characters within the stories, to explore their minds in a fashion unique to first-person perspectives.

Maybe I'm just strange like that, but I hardly think that the mystery or mythology is gone. And there is still *a lot* of further speculation to feed upon even with the many revelations of the HH series; such as the fate of the missing two primarchs, or the truth of whats on Mars in the Labyrinth of Night, etc.

again, the HH would make a great stand alone sci-fi saga, but its not stand alone.
    I think this would be impossible. There is too much information, too many plot lines, for a stand alone to encompass it all. It would only leave us readers wanting more and disappointed with what we did get -- the vast majority at least.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    I think this would be impossible. There is too much information, too many plot lines, for a stand alone to encompass it all. It would only leave us readers wanting more and disappointed with what we did get -- the vast majority at least.
    I disagree on this - I mean if HH were standalone and not tied to a final outcome for the major players you could have much more dramatic storytelling. For instance Peturabo, upon seeing Fulgrim's ascension, could have turned away from the heresy and attempted to go back to the Imperial fold. Would his Legion follow him? Would the Primarchs accept him? Sanguinius and Guilliman might, but I doubt Dorn ever would. Things like that could happen if it were simply a singular tale that can't happen as we know what choice he makes and where it leads him and his Legion.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast