BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I really don't like the idea, largely because of how much more expensive the Wraith miniatures are. What I would do is to make a single model Wraith head in a slightly smaller scale (or see if an Epic Wraithlord has an appropriately-sized head), and make a rubber mold for it. It should mold very easily since it would have little detail. Then you can use that head to convert either Aspect miniatures or Dark Eldar Warriors into smaller Wraith constructs. You'd have fewer issues with weapon sizes, base sizes, being harder to hide, and it would end up cheaper in the long run.

Iron Father

I really like the idea of using Dark Eldar warriors, and removing the "spikes". I also think the helm could easily be sculpted over to make a more Wraith style head.

I am still in the planning stages and all the input here has been very helpful, so thank you. I greatly admire Isotopes conversion work and I think if he thinks this is do-able then that's enough for me to give it a try.

Keep your thoughts coming though guys, it's helping immensely.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

This is super rough but shows how it might be done, you only need a few particular tweaks and colour variations to make them recognisable but still Iyanden themed. With all your wraith constructs you should have lots of spares

I wouldn't go dark eldar if you want them human sized, I would go dire avenger as the segmented armour is more rounded and the avenger helm can still be easily de-furred and filled smooth. Wraithlord flamers make good fire dragon guns and you could probably whip up enough pistols to cover the scorpions but you're going to have trouble with the warp spider guns and chainswords if you stick with your no-finecast policy.

Sounds a fun project - please show us pics as you go!
    http://miteyheroes.blogspot.com/ - My 40k Blog: Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperial Guard Grots, Conversions, Battle Reports and more.

Iron Father

Isotope, thanks so much mate. Your sketch is very helpful. I think I should stick to the original plan of using Wraithguard as my base. Sure it maybe a bit more expensive but the results will be worth it.
    The base extension / pose issues on a smaller base are not a huge problem as I don't play in a competitive environment and my gaming buddy's are laid back with such things.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Anyway of decreasing teh size of the "wraiths"?

Or doing guardian sized wraith figures?

for example take some eldar guardians and mock up a new torso that matches the aesthetics of the wraiths, fill in the recessed part of the guardian helms and you'd pretty much have something that resembles a wraith in looks but an aspect in size.

edit: and isotope just ninja'd what I was going for, god damn you iso!

as for parts

I reccomend getting some instant mold stuff and press molding your own pieces off of masters, means you only have to get it right once or twice and then you can punch out an entire army.
    Last edited by daboarder; 10-22-2013 at 06:12 PM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12