BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Chaplain

Default FW Large scale marine

Has any body bought and put together the large FW SM model and any tips on assembly? I thinking about building one for BA as Sgt Rafen from the BA books. Charlie

Ya I got one and chopped him into pieces and reposed him as a veteran Sgt White Scar. Odd that.
    Scratch built a head, and painting one part at a time, in a larger version of my Tabletop guys.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0043.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	86.5 KB 
ID:	5395
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0047.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	124.5 KB 
ID:	5396
    Sorry if the pics are too big, Im a wee bit special when it comes to uploading.
    The scars are a mix of injuries and ritual scars, but the odd thing is, he looks like my dad.
    Apart from the power armour and missing eye......
    Last edited by McNutter; 10-22-2013 at 10:04 AM.

Brother-Captain

I know Meph did one and as a Blood Angel too. Came out really stunning.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Chaplain

McNutter, your marine looks like hre got into a fight with a gene stealer and live. Nice work. and welcome to the site

Cheers mate, been on BoLS for a while, but first time I actually posted on this forum.
    I am painting him a bit at a time, but im leaving the army and that is taking priority right now.
    Thanks for the compliments, but i'm not sure about the head......I am considering re-doing it.

Also, the stealer is not a bad idea......a trophy of some sort. Perhaps a necklace of claws.
    Last edited by McNutter; 10-22-2013 at 10:43 AM.