BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lion's Return?

Chapter-Master

Corax doesn't need to return. He's already happily here, wandering around the galaxy kicking seven shades out of everyone. It's just no one can see him.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    Corax doesn't need to return. He's already happily here, wandering around the galaxy kicking seven shades out of everyone. It's just no one can see him.
    Nice, love it.

The answer to the original post is an unequivocal "maybe tomorrow."

The bottom line is that the 40k setting is purposefully intended to represent the twilight years of the human empire, it is teetering on the brink and destined for either a final collapse or a vibrant rebirth, a perpetual state of "five minutes to midnight." Granted, due to the darkness of the setting the latter is emphasized more but there are always hints at another possibility, the strongest of which are the rumors/prophesies of the various Primarchs returning. Practically speaking there is some reason to believe that at least 8 of them COULD (as BigRed already listed). In my own personal opinion those prophesied returns will happen at some point over the course of the 42nd millenium. From a narrative perspective it will never happen though, it's like the Arthur myth (particularly in the case of the Lion), the POSSIBILITY of his return is more potent than either his death or his ACTUAL return could ever be. Actually brining them back would be less dramatic than letting that possibility hang in the air...
    Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay:
    The worst is death, and death will have his day.

To bring any of them back GW would have to move the story on. Something they have been very reluctant to do. And even when they have they soon back track like nothing ever happened. I feel that to see the Primarchs rise again it would have to be a whole new look on the 40K universe. Like The heresy/30K stuff but 10,000 years in the future rather than 10,000 years in the past. This would possibly be about the final collapse/war(s) for the Galaxy another ‘Long Night’ for mankind... If GW ever went in this direction I can't see it being for many years.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

We all know the primarch to next grace the imperium with his presence is probably angron tearing another bloody swathe through it....or mortarion leading his plague fleets forth to spread the love of papa nurgle, perturabo aiming to crush the imperial fists for their hubris, lorgar leading a crusade for the glory of the dark gods, hell even fulgrim is more likely to stop pleasuring himself and getting something done than the loyalists are likely to show up again.

What was that about broken legions again...?
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Brother-Captain

Maybe if we get epic back they'll let me have Primarch Incursion Wednesdays again.

Chapter-Master

Every Wednesday?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

How'd I miss this?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    Sanguinius is deader than a doornail (did they ever specifically state if the BAs have his body?)
    He's not dead, just sleeping.
    Look he moved, there he moved again...

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    How'd I miss this?

He's not dead, just sleeping.
    Look he moved, there he moved again...
    'Tis nought but a flesh wound!
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

A penitent quest!
    You must bring us a Shrubbery!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123