BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Chapter-Master

Default Where to Buy 3rd Party Artillery Dice?

We all know that GW dice cubes are terrible quality. Also, I don't want to buy one. Does anyone know where I can get a 3rd party artillery die?

Tanks in advance.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    We all know that GW dice cubes are terrible quality. Also, I don't want to buy one. Does anyone know where I can get a 3rd party artillery die?

Tanks in advance.
    Not sure about third party, but there are many cheap sets on the eBay from people's starter sets. If you are like me, you've gotten many new sets over the years, but nothing is wrong with the set from the 2nd Edition 40K boxed set, other than some yellowing.

Technically you don't need an artillery die. Just double all results on a normal D6 except the 6 which is the misfire. If you mean scatter dice, I think Chessex makes variants that would work.

Cheers, Gary

Alpha Legion Operative

Quote Originally Posted by silashand View Post
    Technically you don't need an artillery die. Just double all results on a normal D6 except the 6 which is the misfire. If you mean scatter dice, I think Chessex makes variants that would work.

Cheers, Gary
    That's the exact method I use. Worsk just fine.

Also a handy way to do scatters if you are missing one:
    1 and 6 are hits, on any other result the direction the 1 pip is pointing gives you the scatter direction