BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Space Marine What Do?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Remain loyal to the Exorcists. ::sound of ominous chanting::

4 18.18%
  • Join the Sons of Medusa. "Purge the Weak!"

16 72.73%
  • Something else - explained below.

2 9.09%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Default Exorcists or Sons of Medusa?

I have a quandary before me.

With the new Forgeworld update, my hopes for a mechanically unique Exorcists chapter have been truly dashed. It's really frustrating, but it looks like Forgeworld just doesn't like the Exorcists as much as I do.

Well, that's that. The question is, where to go from here? The thing is, I don't want a generic marines force. I already play Knights of Blood, assault-happy Blood Angels successors. If I'm going to have a more conventional marines force, I want it to remain distinct, unique, cool.

So, I'm thinking of stripping my marines and starting again with a Sons of Medusa force. I'd use the Iron Hands Chapter Tactics, field Vaylund Cal as often as I can, and use appropriately modeled cyber-devastators for the Toughness 5. Additionally, this kind of list would encourage me to field dreadnoughts, devastators, and other ranged shooty stuff, which is nicely distinct from my up close and bloody Knights.

Additionally, green is my favorite color, and I have depressingly few green armies.

I don't really feel too bad about stripping stuff, even though it's a pain in the butt. I have decided to come to peace with the fact that as an ADHD gamer - as in I actually have ADHD, in addition to my interest flitting from faction to faction and game to game with no real rhyme or reason - I am going to occasionally strip old projects and start again... just 'cause. It beats buying everything from scratch!

But before I start to make any serious decisions, I want to know what you think! You are my external wisdom hard drive. What do you think I should do?
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Iron Father

Hands down Sons of Medusa, Iron Hands have always been my favorite chapter but I struggle with the blandness of their armour. Sons of Medusa offer a nice compromise for me personally. I considered them myself despite just starting Blood Ravens. The bright green is a lovely colour and with the white helms and bionics could look sweet. Vaylund is a great character and now you can officially use him with the IH chapter tactics that's really cool. Let me know if you do decide to give them a go, I'm tempted and we could spur each other on with maybe a combined thread on here to keep us both dedicated to the cause
    Me if I do have a stab at them, I may use Ferrus as the base for Vaylunds model.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    Me if I do have a stab at them, I may use Ferrus as the base for Vaylunds model.
    I think I'd start with the warpsmith model. Lots of mechanical tentacly bits.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post

<snip>

So, I'm thinking of stripping my marines and starting again with a Sons of Medusa force. I'd use the Iron Hands Chapter Tactics, field Vaylund Cal as often as I can, and use appropriately modeled cyber-devastators for the Toughness 5. Additionally, this kind of list would encourage me to field dreadnoughts, devastators, and other ranged shooty stuff, which is nicely distinct from my up close and bloody Knights.

Additionally, green is my favorite color, and I have depressingly few green armies.

<snip>
    Honestly, it sounds like you've made your choice and you just want that push towards it In this game, you have to do what makes you happy, otherwise you burn out. If the lackluster rules for the Exorcists leave you wanting, then you will likely leave them on the shelf when you go to play and we're back to less enjoyment and happy.

Make the Sons of Medusa, you like green, you say you are an ADHD gamer, this will keep you happy and busy and give you an army you enjoy fielding, plus is sounds like you already have the plan on how to field them =)

-Thal

Well, there's finally some representation for the Iron Hands lineage. You get a special character and if you like Dreadnoughts you can field 6 of them, or 3 squads of tough as nails T5 Devastators. Stick 'em on a Skyshield Pad for T5 4+ Inv save with crazy firepower and a hideously expensive unit. Plus, it's that fun shade of green that'll make your friends go: "What? Are you starting Orks now?" When you buy 6 pots of Warpstone Green and then when they bring a mechanized force to mess with your hordes, BAM! 3 Devastator squads with Lascannons!

First-Captain

I agree. You've made your mind up

I really like the notion of the exorcists, and the fact their chapter symbol was the old librarian symbol is cool. However, without the specific and different chapter tactics you wanted, make a change.

Personally, I'd go for Exorcists using Red Hunters Chapter Tactics. That'd let them Battle-bro in Grey Knights goodies, which would fit well.

DO THE SONS.

Yus.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer View Post
    Personally, I'd go for Exorcists using Red Hunters Chapter Tactics. That'd let them Battle-bro in Grey Knights goodies, which would fit well.
    Yes, this seems a very good plan.
    http://miteyheroes.blogspot.com/ - My 40k Blog: Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperial Guard Grots, Conversions, Battle Reports and more.

I obviously vote sons lol. they are a cool chapter and they give you some fun options for converting. Personally i think i represented vaylund cal nicely.
    Purge the Weak!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast