BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Space Marine What Do?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Remain loyal to the Exorcists. ::sound of ominous chanting::

4 18.18%
  • Join the Sons of Medusa. "Purge the Weak!"

16 72.73%
  • Something else - explained below.

2 9.09%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I don't think its that FW doesn't like the Exorcists, I think its that GW put them in the main Codex and said they could take any Chapter Tactics, so FW were kind of stuffed

Exorcists could be really cool to do also. I always wanted to see a model of their fw char.
    Purge the Weak!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by SaveModifier View Post
    I don't think its that FW doesn't like the Exorcists, I think its that GW put them in the main Codex and said they could take any Chapter Tactics, so FW were kind of stuffed
    I suppose they could have retconned it with something like "if you are playing with Forgeworld rules, you have the option to use this Chapter Tactics." But they didn't, so here we are, regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer View Post
    Personally, I'd go for Exorcists using Red Hunters Chapter Tactics. That'd let them Battle-bro in Grey Knights goodies, which would fit well.
    I'll... consider that.

Honestly though, part of the appeal is just switching colors. I get to paint a lot of red with my Knights of Blood. Well, red and silver. But the vehicles are mostly red, with silver stuff added.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

First-Captain

Flip a coin. Chaos is always fair.

Librarian

In my opinion forging a new chapter is more fun than following GW or FWs paint rules and all that jazz for said spec chapter. Then you can tailor to your play style. With a cool or tragic story.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    Honestly though, part of the appeal is just switching colors. I get to paint a lot of red with my Knights of Blood. Well, red and silver. But the vehicles are mostly red, with silver stuff added.
    A new army should be an adventure in painting with different colors. Go with the Sons of Medusa. You can even try some freehand work by painting Medusa heads on the vehicles, all fangs and red eyes and snakey hair. That would look fantastic.*

*If you read that in the 9th Doctor's voice, you rock.
    There is one direction: FORWARD!

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    Makes sense, wanted to get my thoughts on Exorcists/Red Hunters out though :P

If you're planning to model Vaylund Cal, [URL="http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/281427-iron-hands-chapter-master/?p=3490279"]check out this conversion on B&C[/URL]. The poster intends it to be an Iron Hands Master on bike, but damn if the concept isn't perfect for Vaylund.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by SaveModifier View Post
    If you're planning to model Vaylund Cal, [URL="http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/281427-iron-hands-chapter-master/?p=3490279"]check out this conversion on B&C[/URL]. The poster intends it to be an Iron Hands Master on bike, but damn if the concept isn't perfect for Vaylund.
    I'd probably tone it down a little - a biker has a much larger profile than a 40mm base, so that exact build would be too big -but the basic concept is solid. I've definitely got to get some watch parts for conversions.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

My vaylund cal is made out of the body and legs of the forge world pre heresy terminators bc its smaller then a normal termi. Arms from the dark angels termis the halberd. Replaced the halberd head with a gear/hammer bit i made. Shoulders are two ven dread chest pieces. Then used a normal servo harness and made it connect on the back. Head is from the iron hands tac squad. Ill post a pic later. I think i represented him well he is large, but not too big.
    Purge the Weak!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12