BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Really loved it. A+.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    That's nonsense. She was handled really well. No gratuitous shots/poses. No crude innuendo about her. Her friendship with the cap never devolves into a clichéd romance or unnecessary sexy times. The cap is the lead, but as with other Marvel films its much more of an ensemble piece built around him. Falcon has some glimpses of interesting back story and character depth and in terms of character development the film is about Steve and Natasha defining (for different reasons) who they are and what their place is in the modern world. In fact, as I reflect it, I think they did an excellent job with her. There was no single moment in the film that I (as a red blooded male), was interested in anything other than her arse-kicking skills or what she was saying. I confidently predict you'll be pleased with how she is developed. Sadly, Agent Carter Junior and the one from HIMYM are under used, but it's a crowded cast. Oh, and in feminist terms, watch out for Jenny Agutter's kung-fu skills.

I should also mention that everyone should wait until the very end of the credits.
    Yeah but it was the same with Avengers, she made teh ****ing team, she saved the day and she did it without supowerpowers and people llabelled her as eye candy. If she had been male they would have said what a badass she is but people saw a pretty woman and just assumed she was a ****ing cardboard cutout. Reading these reviews you are seeing one of the most gratuitous examples of cultural misogyny you can imagine. Otherwise intelligent men completely glossing over the importance of a woman simply because she looks pretty and the notion that pretty women are just there to be looked at is so deeply ingrained that is all they can see.><

I haven't seen it yet myself, hoping to tomorrow but it involves wrangling lots of little girl cousins and aunts.
    Last edited by eldargal; 04-05-2014 at 05:50 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Richardson View Post
    I've heard about that end credits clip, it suggests a certain program by a certain doctor is up and running.....

Comic fans will of course know what i'm talking about....
    Other than recognising the article they were talking about, I had no idea what was going on. Like that Collector business at the end of Thor 2. Though I haven't read the comics.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

First-Captain

Other than recognising the article they were talking about, I had no idea what was going on. Like that Collector business at the end of Thor 2. Though I haven't read the comics.
    opps I may be getting scenes mixed up....

Damn can't explain without spoiling.....

So spoiler alert.

Nick fury standing over his own grave may suggest that the Life Model Decoy program is up and running, which was created by Dr Hank Pym the creator of Pym Particles, Antman, Goliath and unfortunetly ULTRON....
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Chapter-Master

Ah. That's just the end of the film. There were two extra bits, one during the credits and one right at the end of them. Have you seen them?
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

First-Captain

Ah. That's just the end of the film. There were two extra bits, one during the credits and one right at the end of them. Have you seen them?
    Nah haven't had the money, waiting till payday later this month, hopefully a cinema locally will stil have some showings of it...
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Veteran-Sergeant

*SPOILER ALERT* (Albeit, a tiny one)

Anyone else catch the mention of another doctor?
    I : IX, I : XIV, II : DCLXVI

First-Captain

Saw it last night and loved it! Well played Marvel...well played.

Banned

[URL="http://reginamillssituation.tumblr.com/post/81435356181/6-year-old-fan-asks-sebastian-a-question"]Spoilery link[/URL], but important.

Oh god I love that girl so much.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast