BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Iron Father

Did nobody else notice Sam Wilson aka The Falcon ? That's cool, and looking at the trailer it seems they are sticking to the 2000ish storyline of the "Winter Soldiers" storyline.

Spoiler for those who don't know, way below.

Bucky the guy who fell from the train in the 1st movie is Winter Soldier.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

First-Captain

In the animated furure avenger movie they had a kid. The solider and the spy. Although it kinda represent the coming of America and Russia.

However it still looks like Hawkeye and Widow have something.

I never really liked the femal captain marvel. Although I never really got a chance to really read into her.

My favorite female marvel characters are
    Sue Richards
    Storm
    Jean Grey

Those three have song strong leadership roles and have been leaders at one point or another. For the longest the X-Men leadership started with Xavier with Scott second and Storm 3rd. Sue occasionally takes the lead of the FF several times and have proven herself to be a strong female.

Not a fan of Emma Frost really. I am still waiting till she does a Magneto who is X-Mens enemy than joins than leaves and repeat the cycle.

Rachel Summers or Polaris would be awesome to see on the screen. Got to love that Phoenix tatto on the back.

Now if Rogue had har movie that stared her absorbing Captain Marvel than i'll be game to watch.

Not a fan of Emma Frost really. I am still waiting till she does a Magneto who is X-Mens enemy than joins than leaves and repeat the cycle.
    Emma Frost is the best thing in Grant Morrison's run on 'New X-Men', and she's great in Whedon's run on 'Astonishing X-Men' too. Her 'turning evil' makes absolutely no sense with the character as she currently is (i.e.: driven to atone by massive survivor's guilt, which is a major plot point in her 'Astonishing' arc).
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Brother-Captain

Love the first Captain America film (and have the fantastic soundtrack for it in my collection) and really looking forward to this one. My favourite moment has to be at 1:20 when we see multiple helicarriers (and the facility that they launch from) as the whole helicarrier take off bit was done so well in Avengers.

I share your annoyance at the lack of female superheroes on the big screen EG and those that are there possibly being used for love interest roles. Marvel and DC have no shortage of great female characters that could headline films and yet they keep getting sidelined. I don't actually mind if Cap and Black Widow do have a relationship starting in this film though, that is at least plausible and to me anyway wouldn't seem shoehorned in for the sake of it. I just wish they had Black Widow with her hair back like it was in Iron Man 2 as it looked so much better then.

I actually kinda like Emma Frost, but that's mainly cos she was such a great character in the Wolverine and the X-Men cartoon.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Quote Originally Posted by YorkNecromancer View Post
    Although it does have The Best Line In Comics Ever.

"Surrender Captain, you cannot hope to win."

"Surrender? SURRENDER?"

Actually yeah, I've kind of shown you everything you need to read in Ultimates vol 1 right there.
    I always hated this line.
    I would have thought Cap was above petty racism.

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos_elNyx View Post
    I'm guessing that's a joke ?

First-Captain

Guess you must be French.

Chapter-Master

Yeah, it's not racist if it against France, it's just true.

Going back to yorks earlier point, it seems like this film is going to explore the Cap calling shield on its homeland security BS. Two lines in that trailer ('I thought punishment usually comes after the crime' and 'this isn't freedom, it's fear') make me really hopeful that the cap is going to stick to his guns and stick it to Fury because it's the right thing to do.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Iron Father

Then after this one and the next avengers movie, they could do civil war

Agreed, the French have a military history that makes Americas look like amateur league, this whole 'French surrender' trope was never funny to begin with and is well past it's date now.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast