BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    First-Captain

Default Angelina as Maleficent

I was hyped today, well yesterday when I saw some material on the movie set for may of next year. I can't really talk about it yet, but can mention what is already on the net.

Basically they are retelling Sleeping Beauty from Maleficent's view. In my opinion they are doing a Wicked with this movie.

Wicked is from the wicked witch side of Oz.

From what I seen she plays the role really, really well. She does come off like a clone of Grenel's mother, but with clothes.

When the movie comes around it wouldn't be a bad ideal to see Sleeping Beauty before hand. With what I watched it has me wanting to validate screens and events that took place in the animated film, did I mention this is a live action film.

Anyway it looks like it would be good.

Next I seen Spiderman 2 preview as well. I know what the Rhino looks like, also seen some easter eggs that references a squid and a bird, might have gave away too much there. Looks like a lot of action and leading off where the last one left off. Maybe Green Goblin maybee not. Anyway the movie looks like it will have a lot going on.

I seen others which escape me right now. I know 47 Ronin alreay have the preview out which reminds me of Ninja Scroll with Kineau Reeves in it. Neo gone Samarai, remined me of the last Samarai, but with magic.

Also the Maze lools like it would be good, or intersting.

Oh I did see Guardians of the Galaxy. The preview I seen made it look like it would be a comedy. Starlord reminded me of captain kirk from Star Trek with more puns. Hopefully I see a different version since what I seen did disappointed me.

What also disapoint me is that Nebula may be working cor Thanos, from what I read on the net, as well as Ronin who did work cor Thanos in the ultimate universe.

However out of all the previews I watch I am really hyped to see Maleficent. Angelina's role reminds me also of Iron Man. Both actors seem to have a good grasp on how the character would be like on the big screen.

How did you see set material and do I tell da Gwen!mom (aka one of the biggest Maleficient fanatics you will ever meet) about it?
    I'm thinking it'd probably turn out more like Daleks playing Quiddich. "It is the Potter!! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! " (someone I know on twitter)

First-Captain

Well I can't get into specifics. The most I can say is I can view previews before they come out. Most of them still have some unfished CGI etc. Bottom line is I can get in trouble and dont want to get in trouble. I am double checking if materials are posted on the net first to cya.

I guess I can view more movies if I wanted to. The problem is I don't know what it is till I see it, very random. Also there is different versions to be watched as well. One version may have x while another version have y. Thor is an example of seeing material before they showed previews as well.

However I only see the material before the final cut of a preview, which means I may see like 5 min worth of material. Also I get to see different versions. Like for example the commercial I seen for the life of walter mitty is different than the content I saw. The content I saw had more of his day dreams, while the commercial focused more on his adventures working with Time OR Life Magazine to get negative 25.

In other cases I get more information when I see the final commercial on tv. It really depends.

However I seen a decent amount of Guardians, several versions of Spiderman 2, and a few versions of Maleficent. I seen more, but forgot them all. Anyway I do risk a lot by even stating what I have stated. You either believe me or you don't. Of I go into more detail I might get the hammer.

Like for example for Spiderman 2 I see a clip of Doctor Octopus arms. That is a lot of info. However it might be edited out and you may never seen it. Which is right next to a Vulture suit. I could go into the Rhino, but I am not going to risk that. Only way to confirm what I say is if they show a preview with the two mention items in a tubed container or when you see the movie yourself.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

I'm dreading that they are going to take one of the most *****in bad guys in modern childrens movies and turn her it into the boring "tragic, misunderstood, vitcim of circumstances" shtick, seriously why can't a character be a bad guy just because he hates you and everything you stand for anymore?
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    I'm dreading that they are going to take one of the most *****in bad guys in modern childrens movies and turn her it into the boring "tragic, misunderstood, vitcim of circumstances" shtick, seriously why can't a character be a bad guy just because he hates you and everything you stand for anymore?
    Wow you hit that one on the nail. The preview was pretty good though, well Maleficent drew me in anyway. I think they will explain why she put the curse on the family. It slightly implies the king is not a total good guy, they don't say that, but she's pissed about past events.

You get the feeling that she hates sleeping beauty, but comes around to liking her. However that like doesn't stop her from killing people.

For example one scene someone tell Maleficent don't be afraid. Maleficent replies something like umm you will be the one that's afraid if I come out.

The preview doesn't really attempt to make her a good guy, but it does make her look less evil. You do get a sense that Maleficent doesn't do anything for no reason and she has purpose behind her actions.

Interesting enough the events in the live action will contridict the animated version. While some scenes will be strait from the cartoon. Like the cottage and the curse scene.

The interesting thing is in Disney story and I think the original tale the whole curse thing could have been avoided if the king and queen invited Maleficent to the kids birth/christening/whatever instead of snubbing her. all she wanted in the beginning was the respect she was due as a bad arse magic user.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    The interesting thing is in Disney story and I think the original tale the whole curse thing could have been avoided if the king and queen invited Maleficent to the kids birth/christening/whatever instead of snubbing her. all she wanted in the beginning was the respect she was due as a bad arse magic user.
    Yeah they effectively told the queen of the faeries to **** off, what di they think was going to happen?
    Last edited by daboarder; 10-29-2013 at 05:07 AM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I have to look at the original one again. From what I remember I think she would had done it any way. Why would you invite someone like that to an event like that anyway.

From the clip it seems it is more to it than that, a lot more to it.

The problem is the clip doesn't show if the king or queen did her wrong in the past or not. Heck it could be a past king.

Just seeing the live action re telling clips. It seems that she was just looking for a convenient excuse.

I read an interesting feminist analysis of it some time ago, basically a powerful, independent woman is denied the respect she deserved by the traditional patriarchal power structure so seeks to punish them for her slight and is in turn destroyed by the patriarchy. I mean in the Disney story she turns up uninvited, offers to accept it was an oversight and even offers a gift. If they had just said 'wow, thanks, so sorry your invite got lost in the mail' they could have avoided the whole thing and Aurora would have had the gift of beauty and being loved by all that Maleficent gave her. She actually gifted her with the things that would enable her to flourish in a patriarchal society.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Yeah they effectively told the queen of the faeries to **** off, what di they think was going to happen?
    And faries have wings. A question you should ask yourselves.

To be fair she did give them a chance to repent and invite her. The preview did address the curse though. What is confusing is one version makes it looks like it may have been a boon, while another version comes away with the curse being actually a curse. When I have the time I really need to see the original.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast