BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

She blessed her with beauty and being beloved by all and then because they snubbed her cursed her with the whole prick-coma thing.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    She blessed her with beauty and being beloved by all and then because they snubbed her cursed her with the whole prick-coma thing.
    Just you tube it. Actually she said death and the last fairy changed it too sleep instead.

Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

that looks awesome
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Yup. I don't as a rule like Angelina Jolie (as an actress) but from the trailer she makes a brilliant Maleficent.
    From Disney comes “Maleficent”—the untold story of Disney’s most iconic villain from the 1959 classic “Sleeping Beauty.” A beautiful, pure-hearted young woman, Maleficent has an idyllic life growing up in a peaceable forest kingdom, until one day when an invading army threatens the harmony of the land. Maleficent rises to be the land’s fiercest protector, but she ultimately suffers a ruthless betrayal—an act that begins to turn her pure heart to stone. Bent on revenge, Maleficent faces an epic battle with the invading king’s successor and, as a result, places a curse upon his newborn infant Aurora. As the child grows, Maleficent realizes that Aurora holds the key to peace in the kingdom—and perhaps to Maleficent’s true happiness as well.
    It looks like they might be taking quite a feminist approach to it. Powerful woman protector of kingdom betrayed by patriarchal ally, becomes cast as the Big Bad as the result. I hope so anyway. Very enthused regardless.

New trailer.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

I'm still afraid they're going to pull her teeth and turn her into a tragic villain, its not in disneys nature to leave the central character as the awesome queen ***** of the universe.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Hard to say. I'd actually be ok with her being a tragic hero if they do it right, along the lines of 'powerful woman helps save kingdom, betrayed by king who doesn't want competition from a powerful woman' sort of thing. But I'm really hoping they subvert the whole expected plotline and have her teaming up with Aurora to overthrow the patriarchy.

First-Captain

Have you guys seen Frozen. It's almost a test pilot for Malevolent. However if they stay true to the animated version, although there are slight differences like the 3 fairies supposedly kept Auroras hidden, but Maleficent actually was her protector and k EW where she was.

I am hipped, because Jolie did a good job with Grendel's mom in Beowulf., so she can do the villian thing quite good. Although I admit she is hit or miss. She is not a Ben Affleck or Jlo though where the miss a lot.

If she does a good job I think in the future I would like to see her play as a villian more, but not a typical bad guy like she was in Wanted. A bad guy type role like in Beowulf and Maleficent. Which means something like a sith in Star Wars would be co.

Frozen was one of my favourite Disney films ever and one of the best films I've seen in ages. I think you may be right too, I mean they really subverted the whole villain thing in Frozen and it worked so hopefully they will do something similar with Maleficent.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast