BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 40k 6th Edition

Default 40k 6th Edition

Ok, so I know it might not be for another year or two until we see a 6th edition rule set. That wont stop me from wondering though!

What would you folks like to see in 40k 6th edition?

Personally, I content with our current rules but feel like they could be streamlined a bit more.
    Check out my first painted DeamonHunters army!
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=2936

Chaplain

Year or two? So far, the 40K rule books have come every 4-6 years. Fifth edition has only been out since... what, 2008? We've got years to go...

And none of us want to think about 6th edition yet... that's such a damn downer.
    "What scares us is I think we needed violence."
    http://reddragons40k.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master

Streamline 5th is all it needs to be. Reduce cover saves, improve ramming and tank shock, a few other tweaks here and there. Keep assaults as brutal as they are now, but make shooting more dangerous to even it out. I'm thinking more moral modifiers for casualties, so people actually fail morale tests on occasion.

Personally, tank shocks need to be actually able to kill something, not just force leadership tests. I say they should force an Initiative test, and any models that fail take, say, a STR 8 hit, or something similar.

I'd also like to see Ramming improved. It's an awesome mechanic, but really almost never does anything. Tanks should be exploding left and right, ramming into each other all over the place.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

And none of us want to think about 6th edition yet... that's such a damn downer.
    I was unaware the spokes person of every member of this forum was such a negative Nancy!

Personally, tank shocks need to be actually able to kill something, not just force leadership tests. I say they should force an Initiative test, and any models that fail take, say, a STR 8 hit, or something similar.
    Agreed. I would like to see more common sense rules. Smashing someone with a tank should yield more, horrific, results. haha
    Check out my first painted DeamonHunters army!
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=2936

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
    I was unaware the spokes person of every member of this forum was such a negative Nancy!
    It's not really negative. Can you imagine the uproar if GW released 6th edition so soon?
    "What scares us is I think we needed violence."
    http://reddragons40k.blogspot.com/

Librarian

Do something about leadership, its like a broken mechanic in the game. Sure thats more of a per codex issue but with so many high leadership, stubborn, and fearless units out there not to mention stuff like Embolden, Book of St. Lucius, Bonding Knifes, ATSKNF, Mobs, etc. I feel like no one ever has to deal with it and that rolls over into pinning, tank shocking, and everything.

Make fearless into a good thing again rather mixed bag / almost negative that it's become.

I'd like to see the pistol mechanic come back into the game. Just so there is eventually a reason to take plasma pistols and assault marines again.

I'd also like to go back to the old rules for combat weapons. A power fist and a pistol should give +1A in my mind but this is just a preference more than an effect on game play type reason.

Cover. Get rid of intervening models, I preferred target priority to this junk. 50% of the time vs. hordes AP value does nothing for me. I might as well trade my bolters for shootas or lasguns.

Chapter-Master

i'm still playing 4(1/2) ed (my 4th knowlege and my mates common sense)

can pistols give a extra attack anymore if no FIX back to 6th ed

i'd like to see kill-team but simple (plug'n'play 40k?)

i know its not true but how about "proper (truescale) 40k" with a bolter being a submachine gun rather than a silly bb gun make the guard pansies but give them INFANTRY ect,ect
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Make small arms shooting more effective! If you lose men to incoming fire there should be negatives to your morale check depending on how badly you were mauled, how many directions the fire is coming from etc. Pinning from ordnance fire would also be nice...

At present morale checks are a joke unless it's from losing an assault. Then it's hard to pass if you didn't pick the fight.

I would also suggest increasing the number of shots "machine gun" weapons like the Heavy Bolter get. With 3 shots per weapon it is difficult to justify it against popcorn enemies - a blast template will mostly yield a greater number of wounds.

The cover system is good for the moment, but I'd rather see target priority for intervening squads too. If you're shooting through you're own squad you grant the enemy a 4+ save (or perhaps a +1 to their normal save to make it valuable to power armour?).

Abbess Sanctorum

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzbuket View Post
    i'm still playing 4(1/2) ed (my 4th knowlege and my mates common sense)

can pistols give a extra attack anymore if no FIX back to 6th ed

i'd like to see kill-team but simple (plug'n'play 40k?)

i know its not true but how about "proper (truescale) 40k" with a bolter being a submachine gun rather than a silly bb gun make the guard pansies but give them INFANTRY ect,ect
    Lol, yes, they do-- but some weapons don't get an extra attack unless you have multiples of the same weapon-- power fist, power klaw, thunder hammer, etc. So a pistol and power weapon? Pistol and CCW? Sure, Pistol and two-handed weapon? No. Pistol and power fist? No.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Brother-Captain

5th ed is awesome.

Cover is great and does need to be everwhere -MEQ players just need to learn to use cover.

Target prior was a waste of time

Leadership is fine - guard are mainly 7's and 8's, marines are 8's and 9's. most units with fearless are pretty easy to take out (even 30 ork mobs) - this isn't fantasy most of the game mechanics work just fine for most armies

I don't think it need fixing, except to make assults against vehicles hit on side armour instead of rear.
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast