BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool My new religion: The Way of Kelly

[url]https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Way-of-Kelly/116207231820834[/url]

All hail Kelly our Lord and Savior of Warhammer 40k!!

(i need a life lol)

Veteran-Sergeant

PK 4 codexes are great, except for SW being over powered.

SW?

I thought it was GK that was OP. or was it IG that was OP. I can hardly keep it straight anymore.

Chapter-Master

No, clearly the [URL="http://youtu.be/DMObqWDMVbk"]scout[/URL] is overpowered...
    Last edited by Psychosplodge; 04-11-2012 at 01:56 AM.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    No, clearly the scout is overpowered...
    I saw one wound a hive tyrant, it must be true!

Chapter-Master

Lets face it the man is godly.

Eldar are the 3rd oldest book, nearly 6 years old and are still reasonably good (yeah not amazing but reasonable). They are brilliant in fluff as well

Dark Eldar is the pinnacle of codex writting. Virtually no poor units, lots of choice and one of the best bits of fluff in comparison.

I HOPE to god he's given Eldar to re-do. I know he's said it'd be wierd to re-do his own work....but that book should be his. If not, let him have the Tau....let him have one of my books to re-d...
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Yep, the only army I struggle with when playing Eldar is Necrons and my DE don't really struggle with anything but fully mech IG and that is arguably the most OP build in the game.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Librarian

Unless something has changed at GW, I believe Phil Kelly is still Mr. Eldar. I can't see anyone else doing them proper.

Brother-Sergeant

I like and respect Mr. Kelly as much as I do Robin Cruddace or Matthew Ward. In other words, not very much at all.

In my not too humble opinion, the three of them are a case of 'pick your poison'. I personally have not been impressed with any of their codices, and each of those 3 developers have contributed equally to why I no longer actively play 40 in this edition. Kelly's work on the Orks was, as far as I view it, a travesty at best.

A travesty? Right that totally isn't hyperbolic. You have a book with excellent internal balance that is still competitive towards the end of the edition AFTER the one it was written for AND it's internal balance allows both fluffy and competitive lists often at the same time. That is such a travesty. Go play tyranids or SoB if you want a travesty.

Wards rules are solid but undercosted in general and Cruddace seem to have onl got the hang of internal balance with his latest WFB offering. In contrast beyond a few internal balance issues in C:SW and inheriting a rubbish Beastman book from the previous author Kelly has put out nothing but exemplery books.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast