BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 40k 6th Edition

Banned

The need more differentiation between the armies. Everyone dislikes the idea of D10 but I think it would really open up the game.

Veteran-Sergeant

Fear and terror rules would be fun - terror causing pinning, fear reducing leadership of affected units.
    fewer FOC limitations
    stratergy ratings for armies
    Reworking of the missions - particulary kill points which blows.

And not being brought in for some time to come as I am happy enought with 5th ed at the moment.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by ggg View Post
    Fear and terror rules would be fun - terror causing pinning, fear reducing leadership of affected units.
    t.

Absolutely not! Proliferation of Fear and Terror are what has ruined warhammer fantasty. You'd see people fly there deamon princes right into the middle of a horde army want watch half the army fail the check and not be able to do anything. Some of the main appeals to 40k for me - is how much more balanced the game is -and the lack of the much abused magic and psycology sections.
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

Abbess Sanctorum

I'm definitely glad that fearless has penalties if they lose close combat. Most fearless units shouldn't really be losing close combat in the first place anyway, but still, if it did get insanely strong as suggested by RocketRollRebel, I'd want all fearless units to be increased by quite a bit per model.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Chapter-Master

Make Tank Shock have the same ability as Deff Rollas so that Tank Shocking Fearless units actually means something....

Other than that, forget 6th edition... Its too early to even think about wanting to care.
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

Occuli Imperator

I actually think that moving from d6 to d10 would make a lot of sense... Also, you could have more varience in skill levels because of that. It would mean things like storm troopers have a better chance to hit than guardsman, but not as great as Marines... And penal legion would be below them all.

Seriously, the game would be so much easier with d10 and a 1-10 stat level.

Oh, and improve the WS chart!!! I can't believe that some people can hit people with a ranged weapon on a 2+ but the best CC fighter in the galaxy can only hit on a 3+??? WTF! LAME

Just my two cents and I know it will never happen, but one can wish.

Duke
    Red text= mod voice
    Black text= regular voice

Follow my blog! Www.dukesinferno.blogspot.com

Abbess Sanctorum

I wouldn't mind the move, but then there'd be a lot of arguments about the change I'd think. At least it's not as bad as the arguments over the d100 stats of Dark Heresy at any rate.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Occuli Imperator

I actually like the D100 system... It makes a lot of sense

I just think that it is a little silly that a basic guardsman is only one stat point away from a Marine in most respects. Also based on the fluff I find it hard to believe that the marine only hits his target 16% more often than a basic guardsman.

Im not saying that marines should be 'movie marine,' in stats but in a D10 system you could have a Guardsman be BS 4 (roll d10 under 4 to hit) while a marine might be something like BS 6-7 meaning they would hit 20%-30% more often. It would also allow room for all the elite forces to find their own niche because right now the steps of BS 3 vs BS4 doesn't quite do it, I think.

Duke
    Red text= mod voice

Abbess Sanctorum

Which would be nice, I suppose, but then they'd have to actually more accurately define the differences between the various races and power armors and so on and so forth, which they seem hesitant to do in the tabletop.

Occuli Imperator

I think a little differentiation between all the things like Stats and armour would be great... Just think how suck it would be if tanks only had AV 1-6. going up to 14 allows for a lot of variation (in theory cause AV 1-9 is worthless)

Duke
    Red text= mod voice

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast