BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 40k 6th Edition

Chapter-Master

Loyalist Marines only rarely go traitor. Likewise, there are very, very few CSM's that have survived since the Heresy, and most of them are Lords/Daemon Princes in one form or another.

The vast majority of CSM's are recruited just the same as loyalist Marines, are trained by their legion or warband, and equipped by forgeworlds controlled by chaos forces.

The reason CSM's have inferior equipment is because they don't control forgeworlds capable of producing, say, storm bolters. They might get a handful from new traitors, but not enough for there to be a significant number of storm bolters. Thus, they still use combi-bolters.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Abbess Sanctorum

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    I think that No Retreat should work like this: the fearless unit takes a leadership tests like everyone else. If it is passed, they're ok. If they fail, due to modifiers or whatever, they stay in combat but take no retreat wounds.
    What's the point of even taking the test if no matter what the result is the same?
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

I'd like to see more Moral effects from shooting since leadership seems a really underused stat at the moment. To achieve this I'd change two things:

1. a squads leadership is permanently modified by the number of casualties it has taken this game

2. reduce the ever present cover save to a 5+ but make going to ground give +2 to cover saves, this way going to ground becomes a valid option for units that arent sat on an objective, opening up more strategies involving supressing the enemy before flanking/assaulting.

I'd also like to see small arms fire made more deadly, a squad caught in the open in front of the enemy should really pay for it, this could maybe be counterbalanced with the addition of rules for smoke grenades that give the user a cover save or something similar.

What Darklink is suggesting is that if you have fearless and succeed with your LD test that you dont take anywounds and just stand there. Where if you fail the test you take the No Retreat wounds like you do now. Right now most units with Fearless are outnumbered a good deal of the time and so are takeing wounds. And with most of these units being pricey it severly hurts them more than helps.

While i dont look forward to seeing a 6th Edition any time soon there is one thing i would like to see fixed in it. Rending. No one actually complained about rending on the to hit roll when only CC weapons had it (or most ppl didnt). Id like to see rending go back to the to hit roll. What needs to be done is it needs to be removed from ranged weapons (especially the Assault Cannon)

I HATE that Bolters are rapid fire weapons. To me SMs should be able to fire bolters and charge into combat, that is just the way I visualize them. Obviously that would be way overpowered but could compensate that by allowing Tau to fire at 15" instead of that 12" nonsense or at BS4 standard.

I'd like to see(already mentioned) additional modifiers for being shot up. Perhaps -2 for losing 30%, -3 for losing 50%+...

Ramming needs a revision imo.

TLOS I think is pretty freakin' awesome.

Overall, 5th Edition is pretty good but needs a few tweaks.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    What's the point of even taking the test if no matter what the result is the same?
    Well, the point was that if they pass the test, they didn't suffer from No Retreat wounds.

Regardless, I think the real solution is to beef up shooting. If shooting was scarier (aka many more negative leadership modifiers to actually cause people to occationally fail tests), then Fearless would be more of a benefit than a drawback, like it kinda is now.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Cover:through models, NO. 4+, no,
    Fix, maybe grant armour saves even if hit by higher ap or somtin similar yes

Ramming:Ld, what does tha hgave to do with anything, is it seeing if ur a deer and fail to realise that ur bout to get hit? scrap it. instead i would say Inative test and all that fail it have to make a save, unless rammed by front 14.

Walkers. do somthin to make walker on walker combat more intresting then just who has higher Inative, same with mosterious creature vs walker

allow eldar to fleet 2d6, or somtin like that, and put the eldar rules in there dex, not in rulebooks

put all weapon summeries in armourys, im tired of this lazy thing where its look at page XX to find discreption, it slaws the game down.

make it harder to fail LD test in melee and easier to fail it at range

make eternal warrior activate on a 4+

ether go to 2 differnt vechicle damage charts(1 glancing and 1 penatrating) or make it so that on a 1 or below 1 is rolled that nothing happens.

switch to a D10 system (i know it wont happen)

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by jimbobjeff View Post
    I'd like to see more Moral effects from shooting since leadership seems a really underused stat at the moment. To achieve this I'd change two things:

1. a squads leadership is permanently modified by the number of casualties it has taken this game

2. reduce the ever present cover save to a 5+ but make going to ground give +2 to cover saves, this way going to ground becomes a valid option for units that arent sat on an objective, opening up more strategies involving supressing the enemy before flanking/assaulting.

I'd also like to see small arms fire made more deadly, a squad caught in the open in front of the enemy should really pay for it, this could maybe be counterbalanced with the addition of rules for smoke grenades that give the user a cover save or something similar.
    I agree that leadership is underused in addition there's too many armies that are fearless or stubborn or have some sort of character modifier that gives immunity to leadership / morale tests or somesort of static high ld. value.

I'm not sure I agree with your first point though it works for say guard or orks but marines, csms, sob, eldar etc just wouldn't react like that.

I do like the idea of reducing the cover save and increasing the benefit from GtG. I can count on one hand how many times I've seen GtG used since 5th came out. That could be to do with playstyles where I game though although I just don't see that a +1 cover save is worth losing an entire turn in a 6 turn average game.
    Cats and Dogs are better than kids because they eat less, don't ask for money and if they get pregnant you can sell their children.

Abbess Sanctorum

Why? To be Martyred in the name of the Emperor is to be blessed above all of His servants. Even the lowliest slave becmes great in his/her martyrdom, greater than the most noble of living heroes. Do not seek death, but embrace it when it comes, for all beings must die-- and those that die fighting His enemies die a blessed death.

From the Sisters' perspective, this rule makes no sense.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Quote:

Why? To be Martyred in the name of the Emperor is to be blessed above all of His servants. Even the lowliest slave becmes great in his/her martyrdom, greater than the most noble of living heroes. Do not seek death, but embrace it when it comes, for all beings must die-- and those that die fighting His enemies die a blessed death.

From the Sisters' perspective, this rule makes no sense.

I agree with Melissia on that one. If anything I think a some squads should get some sort of bonus when they take casualties. They fight with more vigor to avenge their fallen!
    Check out my first painted DeamonHunters army!
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=2936

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast