BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: 40k 6th Edition

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by BuFFo View Post
    Regardless, I don't understand what you want. You want Marines to be T3 and IG T2? Wouldn't that be the same thing?
    Which is why I don't want that and didn't say that I wanted that. What I said I wanted was a rebalancing of the game around the 3s statline rather than the 4s statline, what I was suggesting is that weapon strengths and other associated values are rebalanced around the T3 being the norm, the quantity of S4 small arms makes T4 the middle ground for example.
    Cats and Dogs are better than kids because they eat less, don't ask for money and if they get pregnant you can sell their children.

Chapter-Master

I'm agreeing with Buffo here. The statline is already balanced around T3.

Eldar, humans and tau are all T:3.

SM's, Daemons and some Nidz are all T4, because they're much tougher than mere humans.

The only reason you might think not everything is balanced around T3 is because of the proliferation of MEQ forces. SM's and Orks in particular are very common. Thus, T4 is common.

T4 is only meant to mean "tougher than the average human". Not "very rare toughness that only a few units in the game can get".
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Cryl View Post
    Which is why I don't want that and didn't say that I wanted that. What I said I wanted was a rebalancing of the game around the 3s statline rather than the 4s statline, what I was suggesting is that weapon strengths and other associated values are rebalanced around the T3 being the norm, the quantity of S4 small arms makes T4 the middle ground for example.
    I can see what you are talking about now that you mention weaponry.

I really don't like to mix fluff with rules, but, if I may break my own rules here, guns kill, so of course gun strength would be higher than fleshy toughness.

I assume your local metagame has more T4 armies than T3 armies?
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

I would like to see all HQ and Special Characters to have what is now the Eternal Warrior rule (and Force Weapons to all Slay Outright, not cause Instant Death). I'd like to see the truly Special Characters have a Heroism (or something) save that they can take against everything in addition to their other saves. This could be a 5+ for guys like Marbo on down to a 4+/3+ for Abbadon and other nigh-immortal heroes who shape the course of galactic history.

I'd like heroes to be more heroic than just hoping not to roll a 3- against the inevitable powerfist.
    Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful. - Nathanael Greene

Brother-Captain

Locally, we have two kinds of armies: T4 or Mechanized. It's pretty rare to see T3 models running around unless you've cracked their transport open and all the innards spilled out.

I like the idea of simply giving all HQs Eternal Warrior. That special rule is spreading like wildfire anyways - might as well share the fun with everyone. Alternately, they could change how instant death works so that Eternal Warrior is more of a bonus and less of a requirement for an expensive HQ. Perhaps "instant death" causes d3 wounds, and Eternal Warrior reduces this to 1 wound.

Rather than a Heroism Save, it would be interesting to have Heroism Points. You start the battle with 3, and these points can be used to reroll a failed save on an HQ, reroll one reserve roll, reroll a failed morale test, etc. A little like warmachine. (Sororitas would be the masters of Heroism/Faith Points, with many more possibilities, so the other armies wouldn't step on their toes too much.)

Librarian

On the subject of HQs, I am liking most of the ideas here. Personally I would like to see options to make plain vanilla HQs more unique and special, things like the Sagas the Space Wolves have or the Vampiric Powers the Vampire Counts have in Fantasy, special rules you can purchase for your HQ so that they can flavor your army with their unique "personality."
    Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay:
    The worst is death, and death will have his day.

Abbess Sanctorum

This reminds me of the arguments about what makes an MEQ. I remember people argue that if you have even one 4 in your statline, you're MEQ...
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Brother-Captain

MEQ: S4 T4 Save 3+

I like to keep it pretty basic!

Specialty uber characters: nope. Another fantasy carry over that we don’t need in 40k. Some of the Elder characters are hard enough to kill.
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

Abbess Sanctorum

To me, MEQ is four across the board (WS / BS / S / T / I) for physical stats, and a 3+ save. Makes it much more precise.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Brother-Captain

I basicly think SM/Necron/CSM. Anything in 3+ armour, at T4. I like to keep in vague, and make sure my cannons can wound an a 2+ and deny any armour save!
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast