BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Default Drop-pods disembarking

Sorry if this has a easy answer, When disembarking from a drop-pod do you measure your disembarkation move from the main hull of the pod or from the Doors (opened)????

Just want to be sure before a tournament

Thanks for your time

Occuli Imperator

Can of worms: OPEN

There hae been long and frequent discussions about this, it all depends on how you interpret the rules.

If you consider the open doors to be decorative then measure from the main footprint (pentagon shape)
    If you consider the doors to be part of the hull then measure from them.

The general consensus is the pentagon base ignoring the doors, but it is not clear, the latest C:SM may have cleared it up but I do not recall.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Simply put, this is one for the tournament organiser alone to answer, as it will vary from tourny to tourny.

Long as everyone is told which way it's swinging on the day (hurr) then nobody can actually complain.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

It is from the hull. you can open doors on the tanks, too, and you do not measure from the doors, you always measure from the hull entry point.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Veteran-Sergeant

Also, can you clamber up and down the doors or do you have to walk around them if you're using it for cover?

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    It is from the hull. you can open doors on the tanks, too, and you do not measure from the doors, you always measure from the hull entry point.
    Whilst I do agree with you, if doors are not hull, then if you are shooting at my tank and can only see doors then is the hull obscured since clearly doors =! hull?
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

No, because they're extraneous bits that you ignore. Plus, a model can't get cover from itself.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Occuli Imperator

Sorry yes you can't get cover from yourself, but if we ignore doors, then if you can only see the door of whatever vehicle I have you can't then shoot at it since it is "decoration" or "extraneous bits that you ignore" therefore not part of the model for shooting purposes.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    No, because they're extraneous bits that you ignore. Plus, a model can't get cover from itself.
    Ah, yes, but the Lucius-pattern drop pod - Forgeworld - explicitly states that it grants a 4+ cover save to anything touching it, which includes toeing one of the doors.

I agree that you should measure from the hull for movement purposes, but to play devil's advocate, there are drop pod variants where the doors count as part of the model for rules purposes.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

The doors do not count as they are blown off as it lands, hence why they are not treated as terrain. You measure from the hull of the drop pod and not it's doors. When a drop pod explodes you also measure from the hull.
    I have a blog, check it out :P - http://forthegloryofgorkandmork.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/tau-xv8-02-commander.html - just updated my blog 11/04/13

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast