BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Question on allies

If i ally in grey knights and then take coteaz. Do the henchmen become troops or stay elites?
    Purge the Weak!

Librarian

I'd go with troops, as its Coteaz, and the GK codex is not up to date to specify that you can't. There is no differentiation in the codex.

I was told any alterations to force org caused by hqs doesnt apply if its the ally force org. Like dragio makes pallys troops but doesnt work if they are allies.
    Purge the Weak!

Chapter-Master

Whoever told you that is stupid.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

In the 6th edition codices, there does seem to be a trend towards having force org chart alterations only apply to the primary detachment. But the Grey Knights codex hasn't been amended to follow that (and there's no way to tell whether it ever will be), so ... what DarkLink said.

Quote Originally Posted by Nabterayl View Post
    In the 6th edition codices, there does seem to be a trend towards having force org chart alterations only apply to the primary detachment. But the Grey Knights codex hasn't been amended to follow that (and there's no way to tell whether it ever will be), so ... what DarkLink said.
    Agreed. GK force org swaps (Coteaz, Crowe, Draigo) are still viable for allied detachments.

Chapter-Master

Basically, read the SC's rule. If it says 'X may be taken as troops', then you may always do just that. If it says 'X may be take as troops in a primary detachment', then, and only then, would your buddies be correct.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Ah ok sweet. I want to do " henchmen" but they would be adeptus mechanicus. The new tech thrall models would be warriors with hot shot las guns and carapace armor. Just trying to make adeptus mechanicus work in normal 40k!
    Purge the Weak!