BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Occuli Imperator

So I'll put you down for a new bell, c.£10k?
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

A good reproduction of a Maximilian plate harness like:

this one will run to £100k or more. Then if you bling it up like:

You could hit half a million easily, if you can find an armourer up to it.

Then for the sake of completion you might want a matching horse harness...
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Banned

All I can see when looking at that suit's helmet is the Swedish Chef >.<
    "und yoo stabby the Swiss bork bork"

They had such a refined sense of humour back then. You have to love a culture that thinks a steel novelty helmets are the way to go. Can put down a peasant rebellion and get guffaws from the chaps.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Banned

Given it is an evolution of the novelty armoured hat trend:

I just realised - they wore those things to tourneys to impress all the babes... basically they were all "peacocking" meaning knights are the seedy Pick-Up Artists of the medieval world. Which makes sense as most accounts seem to paint them as utter douchebags.
    Like that guy with the princess on his hat - he probably tries to neg some girls at the mead stand by being all "this is my former fiancee, she died of plague. You look kind of like her except for that huge gap in your teeth" or some crap. Man, what an a-hole that guy is. Hope he got a lance through his face.
    Top right - ye olde broney, complains about being in yon friendezone all the time.
    Bottom right - the serpent is feminism devouring men's rights. He's on a 'crusade' (geddit) to protect men who are complete victims of the feudal system.
    Last edited by Gotthammer; 11-01-2013 at 06:28 AM.

Nice, love the feminist helmet. Just thought of a really naughty version, totes going to suggest it to my armourer next time I'm there for a fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Nice, love the feminist helmet. Just thought of a really naughty version, totes going to suggest it to my armourer next time I'm there for a fitting.
    Reminds me of the 5th edition WFB rulebook and the little cartoons. There was a Bretonnian one where some maidens were fastening their "favours" to the Knight's lance. His horse didn't look pleased...

the other hobby i'm into; rc aircraft.

here's a typical setup for midsize helicopters.

600 size heli, combo including servos and flight computer: $921

10 channel radio: $1100

heli batteries: $160 (x3)

2x chargers: $180

various tools and support equipment: approx $600

spare parts: $300

3581 for just one aircraft. most people have two or three, so that drives the cost up to about the mid 5k range. Keep in mind that batteries get replaced every two years.
    Last edited by Uncle Nutsy; 11-04-2013 at 05:24 PM.

Ah... the pricetag of hobbies.

It's funny how the discussion about my hobby expenses never arises with my girlfriend since she collects Ball-jointed dolls, which, as single dolls, can easily outprice a full 2000 point 40k army... (and most likely even a full Forgeworld one).

Hobby expenses are the least of my relationship arguments, lol
    40k- Chaos Space marines - Chaos Daemons - WM/H - Khador - Cygnar - Dystopian wars - EotBS

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoschrist View Post
    Ah... the pricetag of hobbies.

It's funny how the discussion about my hobby expenses never arises with my girlfriend since she collects Ball-jointed dolls, which, as single dolls, can easily outprice a full 2000 point 40k army... (and most likely even a full Forgeworld one).

^ yep same.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234