BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Default GW Property Stolen

I brought this up here because I figure this thread gets the most attention, but this is about Games Workshop in general.

An American "Grindcore Metal" band Brutal Truth has released a CD which has clearly ripped off one of the images from WAR online. A link comparing the two images:
    [url]http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/2039/terrible1.jpg[/url]

Now, the Eight pointed star is not copyright (it is an old Buddhist symbol I do believe, correct me if I am wrong) but the Tzeentch Eye is certainly GW material, and in the bottom corner, you can see the WAR image silhouetted. Wether it is GW or EA Mythic, this band has done a terrible job at trying to rip-off this image. They have been selling CDs and shirts aswellas other merchandise with this image.
    I am nol egal expert, but I do believe Either EA orGW needs to have a talk with these people.

Brother-Sergeant

Yep - looks exactly the same. You can even see the 'inlay' textures on both images.

Better get a lawyer son.
    Better get a real good one.

Veteran-Sergeant

And for the next record get a proper Photoshop artist For the Throne's sake, what a lame job!

Brother-Sergeant

P.S. /tg/ over at4chan is throwing a huge rage-fight over this...
    [url]http://zip.4chan.org/tg/res/6856119.html#6859115[/url]

It's pretty ridiculous...

In cases like these there is sometimes an infinitesimal chance that is was on purpose to get free publicity. In this case, however, I think someone was just being lazy and retarded.

Abbess Sanctorum

Retarded is right. GW is probably gonna sue them over it.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Chaplain

Who would love to sit in the court room the day that GW sues them. Can you imagine them explaing why they ripped off GW and how there so Scr$%ed in the Million + dollar law suet coming there way.

Brother-Captain

What you don't think the US is infected with the taint?
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    Retarded is right. GW is probably gonna sue them over it.
    I concur. They obviously have no idea of the terrible, wonderful power that is Games Workshop. Their lawyer will probably try to claim some kind of Andy Warhol pop-art defense. GW could win this case with Harvey Birdman as their attorney.

This is social Darwinism at its finest though. They've basically committed suicide here, which is great.... do we really need another crappy Korn knockoff wailing into a mic as loudly as possible?
    Last edited by Alrik_40000; 11-25-2009 at 08:03 AM.

Abbess Sanctorum

Also, if GW doesn't legally lynch them, it's not gonna go over well with WFB/40K players whom have had their fansites ripped from the net for far lesser crimes.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast