BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Faeit: An Iron Hands Supplement

From [URL="http://natfka.blogspot.se/2013/10/november-release-clan-raukaan-iron.html"]here[/URL]:
    Clan Raukaan: A Codex Space Marines Supplement is confirmed now for a November release, as information from the November White Dwarf is just now hitting. This will be huge, as a good percentage of Space Marine players are Iron Hands, or are now building an Iron Hands supplement with the release of the latest Space Marine Codex.
    This is from the November White Dwarf, Clan Raukaan is an Iron Hands codex supplement set for digital release in November. Here are some of the details mentioned
    -Iron Hands companies are named after the clans of Medusa, and Clan Raukaan is the largest of these.
    -Battles vs chapters arch rival- The Slaanesh Prince the Saphire King
    -Rules for fielding Clan Raukaan including the standard;
    Chapter Relics,
    Apocalypse Datasheets,
    Stratagems for Planetstrike, Cities of Death
    Altar of War
    [URL="http://www.blacklibrary.com/Blog/clan-raukaan.html"]via Black Library:[/URL] 11-12-2013

Clan Raukaan is the second supplement for Codex: Space Marines, following on from Sentinels of Terra last month. The main focus of the book is the 3rd Company of the Iron Hands, but this is also by far the most comprehensive look at the background of the whole Chapter we’ve made yet, covering their 10,000 year history of battle in the Emperor’s name.

The Iron Hands are famous for two things: their reliance on machines, and the fact their Primarch lost his head in the heat of battle (literally and figuratively).
    The new rules in the supplement represent both, with alternate modes of army selection allowing you to call on the armored might of Clan Raukaan, and Warlord Traits that mean your commander either embraces his Primarch’s legacy of battle fury, or has learned from his mistakes, and approaches battle with a cold, murderous logic. There’s also an impressive new arsenal of relics, fit for the champions of Medusa.

One of our favorite parts of the book is the Echoes of War section. These missions allow you to recreate famous battles from Clan Raukaan’s history.
    One in particular caught our eye - Ambush on Skarvus – where the Iron Hands take on their ancestral foes: the Emperor’s Children. What’s particularly cool about this mission is how the artwork and photography accompanying it really capture the bitter struggle between these hated foes.

You’ll be able to pre-order your copy of Clan Raukaan this Saturday, both as an interactive edition for Apple iBooks, and an eBook Edition for your phone, tablet, eReader and computer.
    Last edited by Bigred; 11-13-2013 at 10:32 AM. Reason: admin added latest info
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Brother-Captain

Cool. Now GIVE THEM A FREAKIN' SPECIAL CHARACTER!!! They're so left out!
    And given that farsight got 7 special characters I think it's fair.
    Wolfman of the Horsepack of Derailment
    The artist formerly known as "WTF you can't say that!"

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Badrukk View Post
    Agreed.

Brother-Captain

I don't even collect them, and even I find it very annoying.
    Wolfman of the Horsepack of Derailment
    The artist formerly known as "WTF you can't say that!"

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Badrukk View Post
    I couldn't agree with you more.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

First-Captain

Aggreed - IH deserve their own special character. I'm not sure Clan Raukaan has the dudes for that though (at least according to Wrath of Iron)... Clan Commander Rauth is pretty much a generic Iron Hands veteran (=not much left of his humanity) that doesn't even have much in the way of special equipment... Iron Father Khaatir on the other hand I could see, with his pair o' claws and inbuilt flamers... problem is, he died on Shardenus... and beyond that there really isn't anyone special in the Clan...
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

No Primarch, no Special Characters.

I don't make the rules lads

(yes, I'm just being daft)
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

First-Captain

My signature is happening O_O

Iron Father

One thing to note, Space Marines are the 1st codex to get more than one supplement.

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by energongoodie View Post
    My signature is happening O_O
    Did you ever think it would, I'm amazed myself. Happily so I admit.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast