BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

IMO, most of the wishlisting has it backwards.

C:Inq will almost certainly *NOT* have Deathwatch, Grey Knights, Guard or or Sisters, because that defeats the entire point of separating Sisters from Inquisition from Grey Knights from the rest.

C:Inq will have Inquisitors, Assassins, Retinues and Stormtroopers (forgot about those earlier) - those things not directly represented by SM, GK, IG, or Sisters. Likely, it's a very narrow Codex, like Sororitas Ecclesiarchy, but that narrowness allows for deeper character.

The blended forces are handled via Allies. This allows Retinues to stand for Arbites / Gangers / PDF, whatever.

And likely future C:GK will drop the Inq elements.

But the idea of an Imperial mishmash of Inquisitor, GK, Deathwatch, Sisters, Arbites, PDF, Hive Gangers and Guardsmen no longer holds. Those who bought piecemeal will be forced to expand to full armies with full Allies.

The only question in my mind is whether Inquistition will be allowed to Ally with itself as different Ordos.
    - 40k Eldar, Imperial Guard & Chaos Marines ∙ WFB Dogs of War ∙ WM/H Cryx ∙ BFG Chaos & Imperial Navy -

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by GrauGeist View Post
    IMO, most of the wishlisting has it backwards.

C:Inq will almost certainly *NOT* have Deathwatch, Grey Knights, Guard or or Sisters, because that defeats the entire point of separating Sisters from Inquisition from Grey Knights from the rest.

C:Inq will have Inquisitors, Assassins, Retinues and Stormtroopers (forgot about those earlier) - those things not directly represented by SM, GK, IG, or Sisters. Likely, it's a very narrow Codex, like Sororitas Ecclesiarchy, but that narrowness allows for deeper character.
    Yes... that makes sense.

I still think it could be used to bring a lot of character to a Sisters of Battle army through powerful "hammer" units, which is what the Sisters seem to be missing.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Daemon-Prince

As a daemon player all i have to say is "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Quote Originally Posted by KINGS View Post
    I find it most interesting that this will be the first supplemental codex that includes unit entries and possibly even a force org chart.
    I'm not sure this is a supplemental codex (given up referring to them as Appendex's, on account it refused to catch on. You wait, some goon on Dakka will pinch it and it'll suddenly be hip and cool...) you know.

Seems to be closer to the Adepta Sororita than say, Iyanden.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chaplain

Haven't seen this posted up here yet so here it is; straight from the Games Workshop: Digital Editions Facebook page
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1384341_174279656100208_1478080379_n.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	106.6 KB 
ID:	5482  
    Step forth and be recognized.
    No mercy. No pity. No hope.

Chapter-Master

So do we think codex inquisition is where all the rumours of a mystery box inquisitor skirmish game came from?
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    So do we think codex inquisition is where all the rumours of a mystery box inquisitor skirmish game came from?
    I was thinking the same thing. I hope not though.

Chapter-Master

Sadly I think the Mystery box is dead in the water (if it were is ever alive). Still, I'm interested to see what codex inquisition holds.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    Sadly I think the Mystery box is dead in the water (if it were is ever alive). Still, I'm interested to see what codex inquisition holds.
    Wondered what happened to Boxy. Now I know...and the perp shall pay! But enough about my nipsy!

I suspect that this Codex, combined with the stuff John Blanche has been doing in White Dwarf may have lead to confusion, and suspicion of an Inquisitorial skirmish game on the horizon.

Or it's a massive triple bluff, and the Codex is out now to bait us for a Chrimbo super-secret-Squirrel-splash release of a ltd ed game box.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I'm hoping that the mystery box happens, and contains Inquisitors and retinues, and this Codex lets any Imperial force include those models. Which would be convenient, and boost mystery box sales?

But whatever, I'm dead excited. This will be my first digital codex!
    http://miteyheroes.blogspot.com/ - My 40k Blog: Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperial Guard Grots, Conversions, Battle Reports and more.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast