BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bfmusashi View Post
    Are you trying to chide me for pointing out a simple distinction from the source material? For pointing out the comment by another poster could not be supported by running off on a tangent? How you run your army's narrative is your business, but when you say your Necron dynasty worked with the IGEoM to make the primarchs (which is like saying a Radical Inquisitor is actively working with a Chaos Marine invasion or Daemon incursion) you're ignoring the source material. You are no longer playing with the group, you're in your own sandbox.
    The Deathwatch RPG (and since most of those Radical groups from earlier only exist in RPGs I assume they're fair game) makes it clear the Tau have found at least one warp gate. Any army can do that and still be in the narrative framework.
    It's a loose setting with very few 'facts'. Ones that spring to mind? No Grey Knight has ever fallen to Chaos.

Yet even that can be simple apocrypha. I

Given what they dabble in, and the general level of ignorance in the galaxy.... You can't say that just because GW haven't written it it cannot happen. This isn't an entirely pedestrian linear story we're partaking in.

If someone wants to do Chaos worshipping Tau? Why not? You don't have to be noticed by the gods to offer them praise, just as they don't need rewards to continue worshipping.

Likewise, Chaos Cults aren't necessarily destructive in their subversion.

Literally anything is possible in 40k. Anything. A more mudane example? I could run a pre-Heresy ally army for my Necrons, comprised of mind shackled Legionnaires kept 'on ice' for the past 10,000 or so years.

I could likewise run a Thunder Warriors army, with them having been spat out of the warp in recent years.

So to say 'well it's not in this book' is a pointless exercise in misplaced pedantry.
    Last edited by Mr Mystery; 11-11-2013 at 03:55 PM.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Captain

Just to be clear, because I think you're arguing with someone who isn't me, I asked someone else for two or more sources where Inquisitors worked with chaos space marines to prove his statement and this was quoted and answered with 'the universe is a big place.' I point out that this is not only a non sequitur but the universe works on rules established with all the authority fiction allows. One of those rules is the difference between radical and rogue (it's procedural and not set in stone), you're damn right it's pedantic. Pedantry is what fictitious universes are for, it's how they support themselves. I never said an Inquisitor couldn't take the field with daemons or chaos space marines, only he isn't a radical, he's a rogue. The moment he's fighting against loyal Imperial forces he's gone rogue and will be excommunicated.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

except the lines not that clear, very few of the radical and traitorous inquisitors believe they are being used by chaos, thats the whole point.

Every single one of those radical inquisitors have killed servants of the emperor, by your definition they were all traitors, but then that would make them rogue inquistitors, but they're not "rogue" they are radical.....which is what the definition of a radical inquisitor is, one to whom the ends justify the means (yes even working with traitor legionaries)

Radicals are a political and philosophical faction of the Inquisition. Setting themselves apart from the more conservative Puritans, the pragmatic Radical Inquisitors follow the Imperial doctrines in spirit, believing that the ends justify the means, and find little value in adhering to convention too closely. They often try to fight fire with fire, using Chaos or xenos weaponry, employing Daemonhosts, or committing other acts that would be deemed heretical by their more conservative brethren. Their experimentation with these forces often leads to them being branded heretics, or succumbing to the very power they sought to control
    radical and rogue are synonymous, the terminology depends on who is using the term and their own thoughts on the matter, you'll also not that the list of defenition of radicalism is not an exhaustive list. Working with traitors would likely be deemed heretical activity wouldn't you say?
    Last edited by daboarder; 11-11-2013 at 08:04 PM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Battle-Brother

I really want to see how well the Inquisition works with the Sisters and the IG. And with all the info we have heard about them, I have yet to see anything about game mechanics besides their ability to HQ any imperial army. Boost leadership of all Imperial allies? Grant additional USRs to everyone? That is what I'm really interested in learning.

D

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    except the lines not that clear, very few of the radical and traitorous inquisitors believe they are being used by chaos, thats the whole point.

Every single one of those radical inquisitors have killed servants of the emperor, by your definition they were all traitors, but then that would make them rogue inquistitors, but they're not "rogue" they are radical.....which is what the definition of a radical inquisitor is, one to whom the ends justify the means (yes even working with traitor legionaries)

radical and rogue are synonymous, the terminology depends on who is using the term and their own thoughts on the matter, you'll also not that the list of defenition of radicalism is not an exhaustive list. Working with traitors would likely be deemed heretical activity wouldn't you say?
    To be rogue and excommunicated you have to be found guilty. To be found guilty there is a conclave the subject may or may not be present for. Until you are found guilty you are not rogue. The distinction is that simple there. In another sense rogue is analogous to fallen. You are no longer doing your job, you're taping spikes or wraithbone or psyker brains on your armor.
    What definition did I give where an Inquisitor who killed an Imperial servant was a traitor? I don't recall making that the rule. I did say taking the field against the Imperium, especially with the enemies of all mankind, is over the line even for a peer of the Imperium. And it is, for rogue traders, space marine chapter masters, inquisitors and the like.
    You also claimed there are more instances of Inquisitors working with chaos space marines and daemonic incursions than there were times Necrons and Blood Angels teamed up. You haven't backed that up yet.
    To get the Inquisitor on the table with the chaos space marines he has to:
    A: not know they're chaos space marines, in which case he deserves everything he gets.
    B: is knowingly consorting with one of the nine most treacherous groups of traitors in known history
    C: deployed poorly and is just going with it
    D: is a pet
    E. is coerced
    F. It's the day before the Inquisitor calls the Grey Knights in, but they've got too much killing to do right now.

D and E you have to answer why he isn't eating his gun. Maybe he's Oblationist, maybe it's all part of an overly complicated plan that requires he be captured to execute (I understand these are popular right now). He's totally getting killed when he comes home.
    C. Well, there's lots of ways for Tzeentch to prove he's lord high lord of the jackanapes. Welcome to chaos.
    B. assuming there's a sufficiently long and convoluted way this contact is achieved and both sides become not only aware of each other's identities but also their resources and still decide this relationship isn't riskier than it's worth then this could happen. It's super villain team up time, only one's got hubris and the other one is a superhuman killing machine with a superior intellect. Things kind of turn into D.
    F. happened at least once.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by bfmusashi View Post
    To be rogue and excommunicated you have to be found guilty. To be found guilty there is a conclave the subject may or may not be present for. Until you are found guilty you are not rogue. The distinction is that simple there. In another sense rogue is analogous to fallen. You are no longer doing your job, you're taping spikes or wraithbone or psyker brains on your armor.
    What definition did I give where an Inquisitor who killed an Imperial servant was a traitor? I don't recall making that the rule. I did say taking the field against the Imperium, especially with the enemies of all mankind, is over the line even for a peer of the Imperium. And it is, for rogue traders, space marine chapter masters, inquisitors and the like.
    You also claimed there are more instances of Inquisitors working with chaos space marines and daemonic incursions than there were times Necrons and Blood Angels teamed up. You haven't backed that up yet.
    To get the Inquisitor on the table with the chaos space marines he has to:
    A: not know they're chaos space marines, in which case he deserves everything he gets.
    B: is knowingly consorting with one of the nine most treacherous groups of traitors in known history
    C: deployed poorly and is just going with it
    D: is a pet
    E. is coerced
    F. It's the day before the Inquisitor calls the Grey Knights in, but they've got too much killing to do right now.

D and E you have to answer why he isn't eating his gun. Maybe he's Oblationist, maybe it's all part of an overly complicated plan that requires he be captured to execute (I understand these are popular right now). He's totally getting killed when he comes home.
    C. Well, there's lots of ways for Tzeentch to prove he's lord high lord of the jackanapes. Welcome to chaos.
    B. assuming there's a sufficiently long and convoluted way this contact is achieved and both sides become not only aware of each other's identities but also their resources and still decide this relationship isn't riskier than it's worth then this could happen. It's super villain team up time, only one's got hubris and the other one is a superhuman killing machine with a superior intellect. Things kind of turn into D.
    F. happened at least once.
    Alright mate I'm done here, you've clearly demonstrated ignorance of what is actually in the background, and unwillingness to read and a desire to ignore any information that doesn't support your own view.

edit: for the rest of you there are at least 6 major cannon inquisitors that either used chaos forces or even been entirely corrupted (without even being branded a traitor yet in the case of stele) given that there is a single instance of the necrons and blood angels ever working together (Gehenna) I'd say that more than justifies the point.

edit2: hell even the space marine game deals with a possesed inquisitor (hey look NOT branded a heretic yet either) working with CSM......
    Last edited by daboarder; 11-11-2013 at 10:31 PM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

The Daemonhunter's codex literally explicitly states that there are radical Inquisitors who have effectively fallen to Chaos and fight alongside Daemons and the like, and even kill other Inquisitors and loyalists who get in their way, and that a small minority of the Ordos Malleus actually agrees that this is acceptable in the defense of the Imperium. I'm literally reading this right now. I don't see where the confusion is.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

darklink have I ever told you how much I like having you around

This is such a silly argument. I am so excited for this codex! I hope it lives up to it's potential. I also hope it's not too OP that every imperial faction now takes an inquisitor for HQ.

Quote Originally Posted by crazedcatatonic5 View Post
    This is such a silly argument. I am so excited for this codex! I hope it lives up to it's potential. I also hope it's not too OP that every imperial faction now takes an inquisitor for HQ.
    I agree. It's going to be a blast.

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast