BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

It's also a cunning, if risky way to infiltrate and destabilise cult activity. Perhaps trigger their insurrection before they're a credible threat.

All that involves siding with them to gain control.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Librarian

I think an Inquisitor could most certainly pay off "Renegades" as mercenaries but would never think of trying to hire "Traitors"
    how that would work out would possibly be the ability to ally with Chaos Detachments that bear no marks of any chaos gods. Basically just your average group of evil marines whos stasis tanks were spilled one too many times

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhan Land View Post
    I think an Inquisitor could most certainly pay off "Renegades" as mercenaries but would never think of trying to hire "Traitors"
    how that would work out would possibly be the ability to ally with Chaos Detachments that bear no marks of any chaos gods. Basically just your average group of evil marines whos stasis tanks were spilled one too many times
    Then you need to read more background because traitorous and chaos fallen inquisitors are one of the most used serbianjewdoublebluffs written in the fiction.

as I said, Even Eisenhorn has him chilling with an alpha legionaire.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Then you need to read more background because traitorous and chaos fallen inquisitors are one of the most used serbianjewdoublebluffs written in the fiction.

as I said, Even Eisenhorn has him chilling with an alpha legionaire.
    But can you name any incidents of renegade Inquisitors working with Daemonic or Chaos Marine armies besides Eisenhorn's single Legionnaire (who he might or might not know the allegiance of)?

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer View Post
    But can you name any incidents of renegade Inquisitors working with Daemonic or Chaos Marine armies besides Eisenhorn's single Legionnaire (who he might or might not know the allegiance of)?
    Big Galaxy is big.....
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Big Galaxy is big.....
    Same reasoning can be used to argue that Sisters of Battle should be able to ally with Chaos Daemons (then again, there's fluff where that actually happens, unlike these hypothetical Heldrake-riding, Fateweaver-brofisting Inquisitors).

That said, I think the game would be better off if anyone could Desperate Ally with anyone. But in a ruleset which forbids certain allegiances as unfluffy, the Inquisition should probably be forbidden from forming allegiances with Chaos Daemons/Marines.

Veteran-Sergeant

that angel encarmine story was all about a radical inquisitor working with chaos to kick the blood angels in the nuts.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer View Post
    Did anyone even bother LOOKING at the last page I linked to lex, the one where it breaks down radical denominations into something like 15 factions and lists the 12 cannon radicals. which is way more fictional support than many of the "concepts" of 40k.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Did anyone even bother LOOKING at the last page I linked to lex, the one where it breaks down radical denominations into something like 15 factions and lists the 12 cannon radicals. which is way more fictional support than many of the "concepts" of 40k.
    I already did. The closest one to actually working with chaos was Querrian, who instigated a daemonic incursion to play off against another, but he never fought alongside the Daemons, he always acted alongside the Space Wolves. Xanthism, while it "uses" Chaos, restricts itself to Daemonhosts/weapons. Soooo, naught to support Daemonic/Chaos Marine allies.

Chapter-Master

For whatever it's worth, I agree that allowing radical Inquisitors to ally with Chaos would go against the spirit of the codex. Yes, these things happen. If you really want it to happen in the context of some weird narrative event you're participating in at your FLGS, talk to the organizers and I'm sure they'll make it happen. However, the army book they are publishing is for general play. For the usual circumstances of battle in the 41st Millenia. And while you can theorize all you want about how this could happen and that could happen, radical Inquisitors don't buddy up with Chaos. They fight Chaos. They just do it in radical ways.

Space Marines are more likely to ally with Tau and with Eldar than radical Inquisitors are to hang out with Chaos.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast