BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

There are more instances in the background of inquisitors working with traitor marines than there are of blood anhels allying with necrons.

As mentioned previously another is stele.

And quite frankly given chaos gets guard allies to do chaos guard its ridiculous to say that a similar alliance to do radicals wou like d be against the spirit of the codex.

But of course I fully dont expect the book to be that awesome and people will find whatever justification for **** chaos that they want too
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

I think this needs to be broken into two separate thoughts:
    1) What does Codex: Inquisition have to offer CSM, and do they actually need that?
    2) What would be a satisfying way to portray a Radical Inquisitor who is working with a Chaos Warband?

For 1) I honestly don't think there's going to be much there, assuming that it's basically the Inquisitors and Henchmen from C: Grey Knights. CSM doesn't really need any more T3 bullet-sponges or overpriced, situational wargear. Grenade shenanigans might be nice, assuming you can get your grenade-caddy into assault.

For 2) I could see using the new C: Space Marines to stand in for the CSM, representing a warband who are relatively cohesive and playing nice for the moment, in order to sucker the fool Inquisitor into furthering their goals for the Long War (even as the Inquisitor is likewise trying to sucker the heretics into doing his dirty work for him). You wouldn't, for example, ally with full-on barking Khorne Berzerkers, because nobody allies with Berzerkers when they're like that; you simply point them in the right direction, and hope.
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Well, seeing as Inquisitors can supposedly be included in Imperial Armies w/out using allies, you could always just ally Inquisitor/Imperial Guard to a Chaos army.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    There are more instances in the background of inquisitors working with traitor marines than there are of blood anhels allying with necrons.

As mentioned previously another is stele.

And quite frankly given chaos gets guard allies to do chaos guard its ridiculous to say that a similar alliance to do radicals wou like d be against the spirit of the codex.

But of course I fully dont expect the book to be that awesome and people will find whatever justification for **** chaos that they want too
    I think the Blood Angels allying with the Necrons was mentioned twice, referring to the same event. If you can find Inquisitors who are still loyal to the Emperor working with known traitors I'd love to hear it since this is new to me. The only ones I can think of are members of excommunicated groups (like phaenonites) which means you are more than Radical, you are rogue. Hanging with Eldar and Orks or binding daemons into little flesh cages isn't working for guys that gave the IGEoM the finger.

Quote Originally Posted by bfmusashi View Post
    I think the Blood Angels allying with the Necrons was mentioned twice, referring to the same event. If you can find Inquisitors who are still loyal to the Emperor working with known traitors I'd love to hear it since this is new to me. The only ones I can think of are members of excommunicated groups (like phaenonites) which means you are more than Radical, you are rogue. Hanging with Eldar and Orks or binding daemons into little flesh cages isn't working for guys that gave the IGEoM the finger.
    Okay. Seriously.

Try to follow this simple mantra....

Big.

Galaxy.

Is.

Big.

That's it. End of. My Necron dynasty is from the galactic centre, where no Nids have reached (yet). Does that mean I should decline any and all games against them? And Tau for that matter? No. That would be ridiculous, on account....you guessed it!!!...

Big.

Galaxy.

Is.

Big.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    as I said, Even Eisenhorn has him chilling with an alpha legionaire.

Whoah, WOAAAAAAAHHHHH... what WHEN? I remeber the association with A Space Marine... but there was no mention of WHICH chapter much less that Astartes being from a LEGION. Can I get some substantiation here?

I am stoked for this. Lots of models will see the light of day that have been shelved too long.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Okay. Seriously.

Try to follow this simple mantra....

Big.

Galaxy.

Is.

Big.

That's it. End of. My Necron dynasty is from the galactic centre, where no Nids have reached (yet). Does that mean I should decline any and all games against them? And Tau for that matter? No. That would be ridiculous, on account....you guessed it!!!...

Big.

Galaxy.

Is.

Big.
    Are you trying to chide me for pointing out a simple distinction from the source material? For pointing out the comment by another poster could not be supported by running off on a tangent? How you run your army's narrative is your business, but when you say your Necron dynasty worked with the IGEoM to make the primarchs (which is like saying a Radical Inquisitor is actively working with a Chaos Marine invasion or Daemon incursion) you're ignoring the source material. You are no longer playing with the group, you're in your own sandbox.
    The Deathwatch RPG (and since most of those Radical groups from earlier only exist in RPGs I assume they're fair game) makes it clear the Tau have found at least one warp gate. Any army can do that and still be in the narrative framework.

Initiate

So if Eddy over at GW Digital won't comment on the new model I'd say its a good bet we're at least getting a "New" Finecast model.
    The Dude abides.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by mearn4d10 View Post
    Whoah, WOAAAAAAAHHHHH... what WHEN? I remeber the association with A Space Marine... but there was no mention of WHICH chapter much less that Astartes being from a LEGION. Can I get some substantiation here?
    well when he looses half his costume when fighting an emperors child he goes a little berserk and yells "I AM ALPHARIUS"

Again its just ridiculous that people are fine witht he concept of radicals working with daemons but CSM are where you draw the line?

Oh and Quixos, Querrian, Hell earnst stavros chained up a lictor to manipulate a Tyranid invasion fleet but nah man despite it already happening chaos marines are just NO!!!

Hell the whole point of the radicals is that they ARE loyal, they just see chaos as a means to an end, if that means involves using chaos marines then they dont care...
    Last edited by daboarder; 11-11-2013 at 03:49 PM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast