BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Might of spotted a nerf on the daemon hosts. They don't have the daemon rule. Meaning if you put one in a squad it can't cause fear. They weren't that useful before as some random powers just don't synergies (warp speed looking at you)with other hench men. But I was tempted in placing just one in a squad for that effect. They are now probably a little more annoying to grey knights but some how I can't see them being overly concerned.

Dave l
    Davel miniature painter http://www.flickr.com/photos/davelminiturepainter/sets/

I think the priest is going to be identical to the new guard dex. Some of the option costing he has are odd. He is as good a shot as an acolyte but storm his storm bolsters more costly. The plasma gun enter yips only worth considering if you have already maxed the number acolyte can take

Librarian

so the Inquisition is battle bro's with the Dark Angels and SW now? Seems contradictory to their own fluff.

Quote Originally Posted by gwensdad View Post
    could you load the epub or mobi versions onto one of those sites that converts files, convert to pdf, then print the pdf? (or is that a no no to mention since technically that could be a copyright violation)
    I can not confirm or deny that I am or am not looking into that....

Quote Originally Posted by Dalleron View Post
    so the Inquisition is battle bro's with the Dark Angels and SW now? Seems contradictory to their own fluff.
    Ok the Dark AngelsI see the issue but at the same time how better to keep the Inquisitors from the truth but to babysit them

As for the Wolfs its just the Grey Knights And that **** Darkhammer they have issues with...

Librarian

I seem to remember a story where an Inquisitor arrives at Fenris with a fleet and threatens action against the wolves. Stuff may or may not have gone down, but ultimately the Inq went away.

I guess that point about DA makes sense.
    Last edited by Dalleron; 11-16-2013 at 01:42 PM.

Brother-Sergeant

Actually SW are rather friendly with some Inquisitors. Grimnar's life was saved by one, in the SW books staring Ragnar.

Have to say I'm glad ya'lls reviews. Now I just have to figure out which one do I get for my Kindle Fire and Aneroid phone.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Boofhead View Post
    Ok the Dark AngelsI see the issue but at the same time how better to keep the Inquisitors from the truth but to babysit them

As for the Wolfs its just the Grey Knights And that **** Darkhammer they have issues with...
    The same way the blood angels prevent them from learning of the flaw, kill em all and let the emperor sort them out.

seriously the flesh tearers have straight up murdered two inquisitors just for getting info about the flaw in "blood in the machine"
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Trying to work out what is the maximum number of warband scoring units you can take the options are interesting. The problems come from grey knights using old warband rules (admitedly almost identical) and the clear as mud force org ( a few more examples of what they could do would of helped) how coteaz works with those rules. Finally the unclear rules as t banisters in one dex and priest in the other.

Option one grey knights coteaz allied with inquis

9 war bands 6 scoring, pro access to other grey knight units so things like tech marine = tech priest dread knight= penitent engine can be represented! con 6 scoring units can't benefit from priest led as they are stuck with banished rules.though you can lead 4 of them with inquisitors

Option 2
    Primary inquiz secondary grey knight coteaz

I have to assume here that the very slim down chart that is used for inquiz as it is the only one in the book is used. The way the book is written sort of sounds like there should be 2

5 war bands all scoring, limited access to other grey knight goodies, only 3 scoring can take priests but access to 3 inquiz

Option 3

Primary attachment inquiz allied to a coteaz inquiz attachment.

6 war bands all scoring plus access to priests 4 inquisitors , con no access to grey knights

Option 4 the ordo chromosome screw up (I don't see any one allowing this , but then I can't see a rule that says you can't. Also if it allows GW to sell more coteaz then it is unlikely they will disallow.

Primary grey knight coteaz, secondary inquiz coteaz ( time twin)

9 war bands all scoring 3 access to priests, 4 inquiz, access to grey knights stuff cons 6 units have no priests access. Also no one will allow you to do this

Where 2 armies have the same special character the convention around my area is to play on. Though there is one tournie I know of where this happens neither are allowed to use them. Now with codex supplements this may occur more.

the other thing is coteaz was already considered one of the best value Hq's. Due to warband scoring access to divination decent stat line for the points. Expect to see more of his time twins appearing every where soon.

Dave l

Quote Originally Posted by Dalleron View Post
    I seem to remember a story where an Inquisitor arrives at Fenris with a fleet and threatens action against the wolves. Stuff may or may not have gone down, but ultimately the Inq went away.
    ADB's "The Emperor's Gift" details the Grey Knights & Inquisition vs the Space Wolves after the 1st Battle for Armageddon. Grimnar isn't too happy with them. They almost besiege Fenris, except someone really cool turns up and says no. It's a good read.
    http://miteyheroes.blogspot.com/ - My 40k Blog: Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperial Guard Grots, Conversions, Battle Reports and more.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast