BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

I'm also really glad I can now use that awesome Emperor battle priest to power armored Inquisitor conversion I made.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

I generally try to avoid GW bashing and stay calm and assume everything will be okay in time.

But, I hate digital exclusives and/or releases months in advance of print. I understand the complaints of people who wanted digital as an option and weren't getting anything from GW to support them. For players with iPads or tablets who preferred that, printed books are technically an alternative, they aren't excluded outright. I play as much Inquisition as the rules allow me to over time, from the Codex Army Lists pamphlet from 2nd Edition to Codex: Grey Knights. But releasing Sisters and Inquisitors as digital with no physical print timeline excludes players without those devices. It's ridiculous.

Veteran-Sergeant

Does explain forge worlds The Red Hunters chapter rules they put out recently.

This will not be an allies codex in the true sense, it will likely allow you to put inquisitors and such in your primary force org without using the allies chart ( but you may also use them in the alies chart too.

heres the FW quote from the The Red Hunters chapter tactics;

"By this Seal: When using the Allies Matrix, all models in the Red Hunters detachment count units from Codex: Grey Knights and Sisters of Battle as Battle Brothers so long as an Inquisitor is also present in the allied detachment"

Now sisters of battle cant get inquisitors. so this new codex and this theory makes sense. Also FW stated on their facebook last week all would make sense soon on this conundrum. and here it is in the form of Codex: inquisition.

How nice would it be to see some mention of or even rules for Deathwatch kill teams.

I'm really happy with this, i've been waiting for ahes to field a real inquisitorial army.

I'm interested to see the affect this digital venture has on GW's bottom line. It seems comparatively cheap to produce these things.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by magickbk View Post
    I generally try to avoid GW bashing and stay calm and assume everything will be okay in time.

But, I hate digital exclusives and/or releases months in advance of print. I understand the complaints of people who wanted digital as an option and weren't getting anything from GW to support them. For players with iPads or tablets who preferred that, printed books are technically an alternative, they aren't excluded outright. I play as much Inquisition as the rules allow me to over time, from the Codex Army Lists pamphlet from 2nd Edition to Codex: Grey Knights. But releasing Sisters and Inquisitors as digital with no physical print timeline excludes players without those devices. It's ridiculous.
    There are free ebook reader programs available for computers. It's a simple matter from there to print out the rules sections(if not necessarily cheap in ink, granted). They don't have full releases ready, but want to put books out. It may not be ideal but you're hardly being excluded.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Boyle View Post
    There are free ebook reader programs available for computers. It's a simple matter from there to print out the rules sections(if not necessarily cheap in ink, granted). They don't have full releases ready, but want to put books out. It may not be ideal but you're hardly being excluded.
    exactly, it is not ridiculous or restrictive, is it releasing books digitally so that people can play them before they are back from the printers. that is doing the gaming community a favour, not remotely ridiculous.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Boyle View Post
    This assumes that players own a computer. I realize that it is 2013 here, but not everywhere and everyone has equal access to a computer. There are still many people, higher percentages from certain generations, who aren't computer literate, own one, or have internet access. Besides the fact that some people like the fact that their hobby is not computerized.

Chaplain

Games Workshop: Digital Editions Codex: Grey Knights isn't being replaced, but this book means you don't need to use Grey knights to add inquisitors into any Imperial army.

- Eddie
    From the facebook page

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast