BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

It would be nice if the codex included an option for radical or fallen inquisitors (with liberal application of daemonhosts!) who could ally with Chaos or xenos factions, but it doesn't sound like that's the case. Either way, extremely pumped about this release. I've been collecting choice bits and OOP minis in anticipation of some sort of inquisitorial retinue option without Coteaz!

Ooooh.

Here's a thought.....

We're about to see Techguard from Forgeworld for the Heresy range yes? And there's already Adept models from the same source.

Purchase suitable equipment, and boof, you've got yourself a Mechanicus cohort for your army.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    Sadly I think the Mystery box is dead in the water (if it were is ever alive). Still, I'm interested to see what codex inquisition holds.
    Likely, but not 100%. As miteyheroes noted, they could be planning to do both, with an Inquisition skirmish game mystery box which is the primary source of the bits you'd need to field your Inquisitor and retinue alongside your regular Imperial army. That would be very clever. I'm not sure GW has it in them, but I'm willing to be surprised...
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    Likely, but not 100%. As miteyheroes noted, they could be planning to do both, with an Inquisition skirmish game mystery box which is the primary source of the bits you'd need to field your Inquisitor and retinue alongside your regular Imperial army. That would be very clever. I'm not sure GW has it in them, but I'm willing to be surprised...
    Mmm, I'm hoping for that resolution. It sounds kinda plausible to me; first, they release Space Hulk, which has great models that are cross-compatible with 40k, for a relatively good deal. The stock flying off the shelves breaks the sound barrier. Dreadfleet's released afterwards; great models, but no compatibility annnd it sells alright, but not nearly as well.

If they want to replicate Space Hulk's success, putting out the option for half the playable armies in the game to use the Inquisition's minis sounds like a good plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer View Post
    Mmm, I'm hoping for that resolution. It sounds kinda plausible to me; first, they release Space Hulk, which has great models that are cross-compatible with 40k, for a relatively good deal. The stock flying off the shelves breaks the sound barrier. Dreadfleet's released afterwards; great models, but no compatibility annnd it sells alright, but not nearly as well.

If they want to replicate Space Hulk's success, putting out the option for half the playable armies in the game to use the Inquisition's minis sounds like a good plan.
    Just adding to the pot....if memory serves, the two Codecies out after Space Hulk were Nids (very shortly after, record breaking weekend in my store, so I remember that for sure!) and Blood Angels....
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Just adding to the pot....if memory serves, the two Codecies out after Space Hulk were Nids (very shortly after, record breaking weekend in my store, so I remember that for sure!) and Blood Angels....
    That sounds like a multi-part plastic cultists confirmation to me!
    Last edited by GravesDisease; 10-30-2013 at 11:24 AM.

Librarian

an inquisitorial codex could be really cool. i actually just finished an inquisitorial army (non gk units in gk codex) and its not a totally unviable army except that it could benefit from a little more exspansion some more tougher units (power armoured acolytes are kind of exspensive) so adding some sort of normal sm ally would be great but also some strength 4 variety would be cool aside from daemonhosts already. I hope theres a little stat adjustment in store for some units but im not holding my breathe. with rumore of multipart gaurdsmen/carapaced armoured boxes in the far future it could be far cheaper for me to expand my forces!

Erm whaaaaaaa??? Source! Citation!

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Erm whaaaaaaa??? Source! Citation!
    joke

Dirty boy! In your bed, on your rug!

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast