BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    Likely, but not 100%. As miteyheroes noted, they could be planning to do both, with an Inquisition skirmish game mystery box which is the primary source of the bits you'd need to field your Inquisitor and retinue alongside your regular Imperial army. That would be very clever. I'm not sure GW has it in them, but I'm willing to be surprised...
    Well anything is possible. The question is when does it turn up. It won't be December as that is Hobbit. January looks prime for a 40k spot so it could be then, but in just don't see it myself. Especially if this is just a digital codex, it would be very odd to have physical models alongside that. I guess all will become clear in time.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

I'm super stoked to see what this Inquisition codex is like. I am already planning on making an Inquisition army made up of Grey Knights with some Sisters of Battle allies, and this just makes more more excited to build it. I'm hoping this codex does something similar to the forgeworld rule where if an inquisitor is your warlord than imperial allies are Battle Brothers. Would be so much fun to be running Paladins with Ecclesiarchy Priests giving them battle hymns!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    Especially if this is just a digital codex, it would be very odd to have physical models alongside that. I guess all will become clear in time.
    What's most exciting about this is that Games Workshop is clearly trying something new with these digital codices. I would not be surprised at all to find real models associated with a digital codex - I also wouldn't be surprised if GW leaves us in the cold, or writes the codex to rely solely on existing models. The only thing we can be sure of right now is that we don't know what we don't know.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

What's most exciting about this is that Games Workshop is clearly trying something new with these digital codices. I would not be surprised at all to find real models associated with a digital codex - I also wouldn't be surprised if GW leaves us in the cold, or writes the codex to rely solely on existing models. The only thing we can be sure of right now is that we don't know what we don't know.
    Very true. I am excited to see it and what it brings though. Although I must say with the continuous release of models' they have had, I would like to wish for a small model release to come with this. But at this point it's just being optimistic. Hopefully we'll see soon enough.

What's most exciting about this is that Games Workshop is clearly trying something new with these digital codices.
    Totally agree. This is a very cool time to be in the hobby.

Brother-Sergeant
    Germany, Baden Württemberg, Reutlingen/Tübingen

Okay...Inquisition supplement for all imperial armies... and when will all non-imperial armies get some kind of mercenary supplement? Guess there would definitely be some people buying that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarius Drapesh View Post
    Okay...Inquisition supplement for all imperial armies... and when will all non-imperial armies get some kind of mercenary supplement? Guess there would definitely be some people buying that.
    Do Xenos have a bunch of already existing models that they can easily produce rules for? I'd be thrilled to see Krootox, Shapers, and hounds in plastic even without a kroot merc dex.

Chapter-Master

Not really. Only Vespids and Kroot. Talk of a mercenary codex is wishlisting.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Librarian

Maybe you could hold out hope for a CSM codex for Renegade chapters as supposed to Traitors. might find more pillaging and plundering for loot

Brother-Captain

maybe when Codex: Freebooters hits? I'm still holding out for Codex: Rogue Trader.

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast