BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default If I have a PC... and I want to buy a digital codex or codex supplement...

If I have a PC... and I want to buy a digital codex or codex supplement... can I use the codex on my PC?

What file-type from GW do I chose?

Do I need to download some extra software?

If someone could post up a how-to guide... or a link to such, that would be awesome...

[I think I am nearly at the point where getting a tablet is worthwhile, but while I save up for that can I use my PC for GW-digital content]

Yes you can read GW digitals on your PC.

You need to download adobe digital editions, a e-reader program. If you downloaded and registered it, you can buy and download the digital editions in the epub-format and read them. I did so with codex adepta sororitas and had no problems so far.

Of course you can´t read the ibook versions on you PC as far as I know.

Yeah, any eBook reading program, Calibre is good and organises ebooks for your eReader if you have one and its free.

You will want the ePub version to download.

Enchanced iBooks are only useable on an iPad using iBooks v2.0 or higher, although I think the new version of Apple's OS X, Mavericks, has iBooks and you can download it for that, thats as close to a PC version of the iBook as you'll get right now though.

Battle-Brother

is it possible for me to buy it for my computer and print it off? I'll take it to Kinkos and get it bound real nice if I can.

Scout

Of all the printing places I've been to, they've been unable to read the .mobi or .epub files.
    However, if you download Calibre, there's an option on there to convert to PDF, but you will have to format it (my Adepta Sororitas .epub came out to 450 pages after the conversion to PDF)(hint: download the trail version of Adobe Acrobat XI from their site). I got my Sororitas document down to about 80 pages and had it printed off.
    Last edited by tallguynsc; 10-30-2013 at 11:58 AM.