BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

It would appear that the thunder warriors were subject to burn out due to the proto type nature of their manipulations by the emperor.
    This meant staggering strength and toughness and speed, but at the cost of long term sanity and stability and health.
    The marines are refined to allow near imortality and stability and sanity, but at the same time reducing their physical power.
    Balance is the byproduct of the marine project.

Fly Lord

Yup, I want a single volume "prequel" to the HH hardcovers from Forgeworld that covers the Unification War. Just think of all the color plates, kind of a mishmash of IG regiments for all of the Terran warlords vs the various ThunderWarrior regiments.

Forgeworld Thunderwarrior kits, early vehicles like Malcadors, proto-dreadnoughts, Albion Ironsides, Byzant Janizars, Lucifer Blacks, Merica, Pan-Oceana, all kinds of funky stuff.

It would be amazing!
    Last edited by Bigred; 10-31-2013 at 04:42 PM.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Big red youve hit the nail on the head dude. Thats the only thing that would get me to buy another army.
    Damn that would rock

Librarian

not to mention stormhawks and argo drop ships whatever it is that they actually look like...

I always assumed that the Dark Age of Technology was basically Star Trek, and that the forerunner to the Imperium was The Federation. That all the Trek races had basically been exterminated by the 40K ones, most notably the Astartes when the Emperor reunified the Galaxy.

(Geek Confession: I ran a Dark Heresy game based on this premise; a Capitol ship's Servitors had gone rogue and were taking over the millenia-old ship. The twist was that the ship had been built around the frame of the Enterprise, and the Servitors weren't rogue at all; they had simply had their pre-lobotomy personalities restored by a secret AI simulation of Jean-Luc Picard who had been awakened by an Explorator team conducting archaeological excavations at the centre of the ship. They had unearthed the old ship's holosuite, accidentally activated the Picard programme, who was disgusted at the horror of the Imperium, neutralised the team, and set about doing his best to "de-assimilate" (as he saw it) the 'Borg' on the ship. He couldn't remove their implants, but he could restore a modicum of their humanity (and of course, 90% of them were innocent of the 'crimes' they were accused of, so if the players wanted to kill them, they had to do so in full knowledge that they were doing something deeply immoral), and they had formed a rebellion to retake the ship.

None of the players saw that twist coming. Needless to say, blowing up the old holosuite returned the Servitors to their tragic, post-lobotomy state.)
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Well, I hope they go no further back than to the reunification wars and that people are still calling for GW to push the dates for 40K forward when I am 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Well, I hope they go no further back than to the reunification wars and that people are still calling for GW to push the dates for 40K forward when I am 50.
    Push foreward not back!

Banned

I don't mind if the Black Library does, but like I said earlier, only for the War in Heaven (Old Ones vs Necron(tyr)) and the Fall of Eldar. Human involvement in such things was minimal, if anything, so I can see them not doing it.

Occuli Imperator

Of course once FW's 30k has run dry, it will be in time for FW to release Warhammer 50k with some suitable tag line, "Beyond the Golden Throne", or "After The Astronomicon" or some such...
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

I would love a Unification Wars book, but it'd be more Human vs Human combat. Xenos players already piss their pants whenever FW releases a HH model or book.

I'd prefer the Great Crusade to be honest. Go to new and exciting places. Meet fascinating people. Then purify them.

The Great Crusade allows for just about anything to be possible.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12