BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 114 of 276 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 2758

Amazing. Though for some reason I was expecting a literal bumblebee.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Amazing. Though for some reason I was expecting a literal bumblebee.
    That is what i was hoping for.......
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Chapter-Master

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

Flglbjsie. Who and what is that?
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Chapter-Master

She's from Evangelion. I can't think of the character off top of head its been a while since I saw it.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Banned

Asuka Langley Soryu.

I think I should watch this Anime...
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeGrunt View Post
    I think I should watch this Anime...
    Most of its pretty good, but the last episode gets... weird. If you like big robot battles, and I mean BIG robots, it'll fill a need.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Charistoph View Post
    Most of its pretty good, but the last episode gets... weird. If you like big robot battles, and I mean BIG robots, it'll fill a need.
    yeah the final episodes were made when the creator/director was suffering a mental breakdown, and he expressed it in his work, the two films of this were a more coherent take on those final episodes.

It's a great series though because he tackled mental health problems with his lead character in the series, in fact IIRC most of the characters had some problems of some sort, but that's what you would expect of teenagers who are put into a life or death struggle at the end of the world's existance.....
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Richardson View Post
    It's a great series though because he tackled mental health problems with his lead character in the series, in fact IIRC most of the characters had some problems of some sort, but that's what you would expect of teenagers who are put into a life or death struggle at the end of the world's existance.....
    Evangelion was specifically made as a deconstruction of the Super Robot genre, so they spent a lot of time pondering how characters would actually react to those sort of pressures. Madoka was often billed as "the Evangelion of Magical Girls" when it first came out, so that might give you an idea of what you're headed into.

Also, watch out for "Eva 2.0", which is a later series that is a deconstruction of Eva-style deconstructions (in case your head wasn't twisted about enough already).
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?