BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 242 of 276 FirstFirst ... 142192232240241242243244252 ... LastLast
Results 2,411 to 2,420 of 2758
    Banned

Horror manga cosplay by [URL="https://twitter.com/mamakiteru"]mamakiteru[/URL]

Chapter-Master

The secrets of cosplay photography

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Banned

Some other ones:

Chapter-Master

I love them.

Banned

They're great.

Also:

Rey by [URL="http://thefoolishmother.tumblr.com/"]Mila[/URL]

Mila demanded to try and make a life size BB-8 this morning. She ran around playing the theme song to Star Wars, then we went outside to battle the dark side.

The greatest thing Star Wars has brought to her is her love of robots. She wants to know how they work, how to construct them and if they can love.

Mind you, I’ve never been into Star Wars, still haven’t seen all the originals… Just don’t tell Mila.
    Also also:

Chapter-Master

lols. But no one will be interested in Rey, just ask the merchandisers

Banned

One more behind the scenes:

It’s not just the photographer and model who have to pour their heart and soul into a cosplay shoot to make it a success. Many times there’s someone else helping out, and in the case of these photos here, that someone is the Twitter user who goes by the name [URL="https://twitter.com/snowfairy88"]Yukkey[/URL].

Recently, two of Yukkey’s acquaintances, fellow photographer [URL="https://twitter.com/roki_0217"]Roki [/URL]and model Hiokichi, wanted to take some photos of Evangelion’s Asuka posing poolside, and asked for Yukkey to lend them a hand.

udging from the final result, the three of them really work well together. Not only do the lighting and hairstyling look great, but the sparkling beads of water flying through the air lend a real sense of immediacy to the photograph, so much so that you can almost feel the cooling sensation of the drops hitting your skin.

But just how did they pull this effect off? The answer is simpler than you might suspect:

Yep, that’s Yukkey in the bottom right of each picture, performing an artistically motivated belly flop a split second before Roki captures the images the team is after.

But as anyone who’s ever been on either side of the lens in a photo shoot knows, you usually don’t get the shot you want on the very first try. And while Roki and Hiokichi no doubt spent a lot of time on-site adjusting their camera settings and pose, each new attempt meant Yukkey had to jump back in the pool face-first, and by the time they were done, he’d made about 20 trips into the water.

Still, he can’t have minded too much, because he was back at it again soon after:

“The results of my efforts,” Yukkey tweeted along with the photos directly above, and he should definitely be proud of his work as Splash Master, as Roki calls him.

Chapter-Master

beautiful.

Literally never thought about how they do the splash in the background.

I love trick photography, it's so clever and involves some serious lateral thinking.

Also, that Rey. Clearly proof positive of the common knowledge that girls aren't interested in Star Wars even if you cast a solid female lead in one, I mean she clearly wants like, Barbies instead or something. :P
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Chaplain

The thing that I wonder about is; Why a belly flop? Would a Cannon ball worked just as well? Or a back flop (just for some variation). Did he just start flopping and went with it? What did the hotel think? Did he have to explain to someone why he was repeatably flop jumping into the pool fully clothed not once but twenty times or more? Or did they just think "Boy, that guy is one clumsy son of b!tch."

I wonder if Voltron has the sword, and the head for that matter?
    C'est la vie. C'est l'amour. Cela est une pomme de terre.