BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Landraider Terminus?

Hi Bolsters, im curious as to where i can find the rules to the landaider terminus and if it is still a 40k legal unit?
    The upgrade sprue is still on GWs main site but no rules seem to be around.
    Cheers in advance, Pops.

Librarian

As it stands, it appears in Apocalypse War Zone: Damnos as part of "The Spear Of Macragge" Armoured Spearhead formation.
    My son, ask for thyself another Kingdom, for that which I leave is too small for thee.

First-Captain

for the same cost as a regular LR no less... wasn't it more expensive back when it had its own data sheet?
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrendian View Post
    for the same cost as a regular LR no less... wasn't it more expensive back when it had its own data sheet?
    Yes, and entirely not worth it, given it gave up it's transport capacity and assault vehicle rule for... 2 more lascannons. With a chance to overload .

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Archon Charybdis View Post
    Yes, and entirely not worth it, given it gave up it's transport capacity and assault vehicle rule for... 2 more lascannons. With a chance to overload .
    mh yeah well a regular LR was never the ideal transport - that's what Crusaders are for, at least imho... so not that big of a loss there, and it becomes pretty much the ultimate non-Super Heavy tank hunter...
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Archon Charybdis View Post
    Don't forget it gave up the heavy bolters for even more lascannon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrendian View Post
    and it becomes pretty much the ultimate non-Super Heavy tank hunter...
    I'm not sure about the new Terminus rules, I don't know if they gave it something else to boost it a bit, but compared to the old one can take 3 Ravagers and put them in a Titan Hunter formation for only 15pts more. That not only gives them Shrouded but the ability to get Preferred Enemy or Tank Hunters. I love the idea of the Terminus, it's just rather lackluster because it can barely shoot if it moves, and 3 extra lascannons is really not worth dropping your transport capacity and assault vehicle rule (and certainly not worth 50pts in addition).

Ive looked in damnos and cant see the points for the terminus.
    I really want to load up on las cannons in my final heavy support slot.

If you're using a FOC, I presume you're not playing Apocalypse, in which case you wouldn't normally be able to use a Terminus Ultra anyway...

yeah, the Terminus Ultra was never a 40k unit - it was always apocalypse. GW released it so the SM could get their own unique Apocalypse unit.