BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Question Fun thing i did with warpflame rule as a house rule

how does this sound to make the warpflame rule (daemon codex) a fair way when you gain 2 FNP the next roll if you fail the roll you dont take a FnP instead you become a chaos spawn for the daemon player to use looking at it your affected by "gifts of tzeentch" so much that your flesh cant handle the change anymore whats everyones take on this feel free if you can add on the idea.
    Last edited by Xaric; 11-02-2013 at 03:20 AM.

Seems really unreasonably harsh to be honest.

I can Warpflame entire units.....and thus gain a horrendous amount of Chaos Spawn for absolutely no outlay

I really think people need to get over the Warpflame thing. It's really not the downer many claim.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Warpflame the hole team 3x? that takes up 3 turns thats like half the game take into account the unit must atleast score 1 unsaved wound and pass a toughness test and most units have t3 so thats a 50% chance? you do know a unit can only have 1 warpflame per phase not per shot application its is so FNP does not go drop to +3 or if a unit has FNP a +2 making a unit impossible to kill warpflame is not unfair just it sucks if you love fielding a themed army of tzeentch and well you loose because you cant kill enamys with +2 FNP
    Last edited by Xaric; 11-02-2013 at 08:19 AM.

Dude. You want an auto-win button, for an affect you yourself just worked out to be limited!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Dude. You want an auto-win button, for an affect you yourself just worked out to be limited!
    explain? auto-win because i have a low chance of turing someone into a chaos spawn? or are you just making a asumption with no form of exsample to tell me why it is a auto-win button im just saying the way warpflame stands it benifits the enamy more in 40k if your playing a tzeentch themed army due to you have very little units to choose from that does not give the enamy FNP yes the enamy bring loads of high toughness units everyone have FNP this is just a house rule to add some form of balance please next time give me a reason or add to it by saying "nah you should change such and such" that would be more constructive.
    Last edited by Xaric; 11-02-2013 at 11:12 AM.

Chapter-Master

As I understand it you're saying that if you use warp flame and it grants a unit feel no pain twice in that unit turns into a bunch of chaos spawn, correct?

So, you don't seem to see how massively abusable that is? Spam small units with warp flame. Shoot at one unit at a time, until they turn. Suddenly, you've got fifteen or twenty free Spawn running around. Yeah, that's a great mechanic.

Also, please, use some punctuation. Your previous posts are neigh illegible.
    Last edited by DarkLink; 11-02-2013 at 12:14 PM.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

I target Ork Horde. Fairly quickly, I'll have 15-20 Spawn messing about that I didn't pay for.

And even if the entire unit becomes just a single Spawn, I've still jobbed 30 Orks with absolutely minimum effort.

Balance here is?