BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Druchii Air Force?

Just a random thought......

Masters, mounted upon Dark Pegasi, each with heavy armour, sea dragon cloak, shield and a lance.

138 points a pop. You can fit 3 into a 2,000 point army...

It packs one hell of a punch, and with that 1+ armour, really rather resilient! Plus, dead fast and manoeuvrable. And unless I'm out of date on the FAQ's, you've also blagged T4 characters.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Tactically a good move. Model wise, you'd need to pick up some bret pegasus knights and convert them as appropriate, along with some cold one knights so gets to be quite expensive.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

The downside being that they fall victim to chaff tying them up for a turn or two. Additionally they don't do anything to ranked infantry. Getting over the +4 static combat res + steadfast means your 1+ armor guy will sit there killing a few models per turn until you whiff and then suddenly test to break on a Leadership 5.

Now, I'm not saying it's a bad idea to have one of these guys around. They'd make a killer warmachine hunter but other than that, they fall victim to the same things that every other mounted solo character falls prey to.
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

Operate as a 'unit' of three, and they can take a surprising number of foes in the flank!

3 of these guys mucking about up a flank will be a headache for most opponents, as they can always split up to support convenient combats, as well as threaten artillery and that.

And if you can spare 30 points (not as easy as it sounds!) each can also sport a brace of Repeater Handbows, meaning they can have a decent crack at thing from a safe(ish) distance.

It's not fool proof, but I reckon used well, they can tie up or harass a decent part of the enemy force.

You do of course have to be wary of chaff, but no more than usual. Being fliers, they can always simply hop over units of irritation, and kept on the flank, you stand a fair chance your opponent will actively attempt to intercept them.

Hmmm. This may become a project!

As for Pegasus Knights? I say PFFFRRT! I'll use three Morathi's to start these guys off!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

But for the price of three Morathi's you could get the Peg knights, the cold one knights you need to convert up and still have 20 odd quid in your pocket. Why would you do that? Also, her Peg is terrible. The only mount model worse than it is the WE stag.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Don't like the Bret ones. They look derpy, and have caparisons I'd want to remove.

This is a good idea but the scale is bit risky.
    At the end these guys ain't that tough and one unlucky roll may kill one which would lead to the collapse of the whole unit.
    This is simply too risky to run them in three only.
    I would say five of these guys in a 3000 game could do much much better, and would bring less risks to the army.

As they are so fast and manoeuvrable it would not be a problem for them to pick the right combat in the right position.
    So all you need is to maximise their killing power & survivability.

The new dark riders or the extra steeds from the new chariott could also be good options for the conversion.
    Just give them some wing bitz and they will look nice.