BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Furioso Dreadnought Librarian force weapon.

In the Blood Angels Codex it states that the Furioso Librarian has a force weapon... So does this mean it can be an axe for the +1 S and AP2 or a mace for +2 S AP4?
    With rules for walkers I would ignore the unwieldy issue with the axe making mu force axe very nasty hitting at I4!

Am I reading this correct?

Many thanks.

Chapter-Master

The one that comes with the model is an axe, come to think of it... I guess it would work that way.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Correct.

You can also insta-kill Tau Riptides, Eldar Wraith Knights, Chaos Daemons, Tyranid MC's etc. with the Force Weapon (Axe).

Plus use Wings of Sanguinius to turn it into a 12" "Jump" Dreadnought that can make Hammer of Wrath attacks (per the BA FAQ)!

As a bonus they are AV13.

Use the Furioso for hunting/herding and killing enemy MC's and Vehicles, DO NOT let it get bogged-down with massed CC - it does not have enough attacks to wade through hordes.

Take 3 Furioso Librarian Dreadnoughts + 3 Baal Predators (TLAC + 2xHB) + 3 Predators (AC + 2xHB) to make a quick and easy Net-Tau/Eldar slaying force. 9x AV 13 vehicles will ignore almost all of your opponents weapons - making for the shortest Tau/Eldar shooting phase you've ever seen. Table the "WAAC" douche who brings the unpainted Tau/Eldar force to your local tournament. Enjoy!
    Last edited by Maelstorm; 11-03-2013 at 08:28 PM.
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~ T. Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstorm View Post
    Correct.

You can also insta-kill Tau Riptides, Eldar Wraith Knights, Chaos Daemons, Tyranid MC's etc. with the Force Weapon (Axe).

Plus use Wings of Sanguinius to turn it into a 12" "Jump" Dreadnought that can make Hammer of Wrath attacks (per the BA FAQ)!

As a bonus they are AV13.
    My thoughts exactly!

I've taken 3 "flying" Furioso Librarian dreadnoughts for fun - The panic on my opponents face as he tried to move units up to speed-bump them, only to have them jump over the speed bumps and assault 3 different things in the back field... Priceless.

They are NOT effective in taking down more than 1-2 models a turn against a CC mob. They ARE effective in destroying MC's and vehicles.

They will keep the rest of your army safe to wreak merry havoc as your opponent tries to handle 3 angry Flying AV13 Librarians.
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~ T. Pratchett

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bob821 View Post
    In the Blood Angels Codex it states that the Furioso Librarian has a force weapon... So does this mean it can be an axe for the +1 S and AP2 or a mace for +2 S AP4?
    With rules for walkers I would ignore the unwieldy issue with the axe making mu force axe very nasty hitting at I4!

Am I reading this correct?

Many thanks.
    Axe is totally the way to go. There's no point on giving yourself an AP penalty. You are only using the Axe if your Powerfist cannot Instant Death something.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    Axe is totally the way to go. There's no point on giving yourself an AP penalty. You are only using the Axe if your Powerfist cannot Instant Death something.
    Agree

Chapter-Master

One thing that still confuses me: what Mastery Level is the Furioso Librarian?
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Battle-Brother

Tynskel,

On page 29 of the Blood Angels Codex in the Dreadnought section it says:

"A Furioso Librarian is a psyker and has two psychic powers from the list given on page 63 (chosen when the army is picked). He can use one power each player turn, and counts as being Leadership 10 for all psychic purposes."

So being able to only cast 1 power per player turn would make him Mastery Level 1.

Yeah, I think that's pretty straightforward.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast