BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Who is Your Favorite Traitor Primarch?

Voters
446. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fulgrim

35 7.85%
  • Perturabo

44 9.87%
  • Konrad Curze

80 17.94%
  • Angron

47 10.54%
  • Mortarion

38 8.52%
  • Magnus the Red

85 19.06%
  • Horus

20 4.48%
  • Lorgar

29 6.50%
  • Alpharius

68 15.25%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Alpha Legion Operative

Great argument for Angron (who's 2nd place for me) but most of all, Magnus. Scholar, Sorcerer, soldier and statesman. The aesthetic appeals to my historical interests, as does the pursuit of maintenance of knowledge. The synergy of the cults driven by Magnus' own learning is something I hope we get more of in HH book 4!

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Megad00mer View Post
    He should have died with his army. It should have been glorious....
    Wow. That just decided my vote right there.
    There is one direction: FORWARD!

Default Angron

Quote Originally Posted by Rissan4ever View Post
    Wow. That just decided my vote right there.
    Yup, I was going for Magnus, haven forgotten the tale about Angron, so heres to you my liege.

Magnus was a tragic figure, yes... but he still didn't listen and thought he knew better...

My vote is for Alpharius because, in theory, he (they) were still trying to save mankind... not convert it, use it, sacrifice it... but save it and to do so, they went against all they believed and put mankind ahead of themselves to try to preserve it.

Brother-Sergeant

I long thought Magnus was the most tragic but then I read A Thousand Sons and decided that Ahriman and The Thousand Sons were more awesome and their tale more tragic than I had realised...but that Magnus was disappointing. Magnus's hubris and blind arrogance, his deception of his father and his sons weakened him slightly for me. I still like the early Magnus as seen through Ahriman's eyes.

My vote went to Night Haunter - he was the mirror that reflected the ugly truth of the Emperor's ambitions and through his death achieved vindication. Others started out great and were broken, Curze started out broken and rose to greatness.

I think it's a poor reflection on the Black Library that Horus is the least popular.
    By the way, 40K isn't racist or sexist. Everyone's equally ****ed. - Mellissia

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Meyer View Post
    I've always liked Fulgrim, theres something about his obsession with perfection turned tragic that I can really relate to (uberachiever in high school who went somewhat crazy during early college before returning to sanity in time for Real Life).

And his HH book as fantastic.
    That book was the best one I've read! Blood orgies and fecal paintings, awesome! Can't believe Fulgrim hasn't received more votes!

Fulgrim, because who really needs modesty when you can be perfectly fabulous

Fly Lord

Yeah, I'm surprised Horus is so unpopular.

Considering he is the central character in the first 3 novels, he's not getting much love for all the attention Black Library has heaped on him.

I think Horus has been portrayed as a bit of a dupe/puppet at this point. He's the standardbearer of the Heresy, but it feels like he is being manipulated by all those around him and the Chaos Powers who are all pursuing their own more interesting agendas.

And nobody wants to root for a dupe.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

But I think Horus is suppose to become the least liked Primarch. He's portrayed as the best of them all. Yes still falls to chaos, and even when it comes to that, ultimately fails. He represents the weakness each and every primarch has, and noone wants to thank that their favorite Superhero/Villian is weak. I think the black library did a fine job. The early books about the Sons of Horus are some of my favorites.

My favorite is Konrad Cruze. The poster before me stated it perfectly. but I'd like to add that he knew what was happening and how he was going to die. Maybe he could have changed the future, maybe not, but he did not try. He knew what the outcome would be and decided to live with what he was and what his father had made him instead of giving in to what his father wanted and thus saying that who he was was never the right path in the first place. His father should have accepted what he and his army was doing. And embraced that is was being done in the name of the Emperor.

I say curze as he is the son that does so much for the father the only way he knows how through fear. Then when the galaxy is beginning to go more to the emperors liking then he is called a criminal. Also likes the fact he sees his own death coming and just goes ahead with it.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast