BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Who is Your Favorite Traitor Primarch?

Voters
446. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fulgrim

35 7.85%
  • Perturabo

44 9.87%
  • Konrad Curze

80 17.94%
  • Angron

47 10.54%
  • Mortarion

38 8.52%
  • Magnus the Red

85 19.06%
  • Horus

20 4.48%
  • Lorgar

29 6.50%
  • Alpharius

68 15.25%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Hivefleet Cobra-Kai

Quote Originally Posted by Megad00mer View Post
    Angron. The most tragic. The most wasted potential. Who knows what he could have been if he landed on a different world, among a different people?

Guilliman was great, but was it because greatness was encoded into his genes, or because he landed on a world of beauty and order, found and raised by an honorable man who taught him honor in turn?

Angron was a broken angel. A demi-god that was mutilated and turned into a play-thing for the privileged's amusement. His mind lobotomized and constantly punished with horrific agony unless he was killing. He freed his fellow slaves, punished his oppressors fighting a war he know he couldn't win. And on the eve of his last battle, a battle that should have been a glorious last stand with his brothers and sisters, the Emperor snatched him away without a word. He was denied the death he earned, the death he should have had. Not only for honor's sake, but because it would have been a mercy. He was broken beyond repair, life was constant agony. Better to die in glory with those he cared for (and those who knew his pain) then to be kidnapped and forced to fight again. The Emperor did the same thing to Angron that his original oppressors did. No wonder Angron turned traitor. The Emperor treated him like a dog, afforded him no respect and left his chosen warriors to die rather than allowing Angron to raise them up into Astartes or at least, help them win this last battle.

If I can understand any Primarch turning against the Imperium, it's Angron. To him, the Imperium and the Emperor were just another "master", another oppressor, forcing him to fight a series of battles he never wanted.

The World Eaters were simply an extension of this. They were only frothing madmen because, in wanting to understand their "broken" Primarch better, maybe even learn to love him as the other Legions loved their fathers, they allowed the Butcher's Nails to be implanted into their skulls. The War Hounds would have been better off never finding their gene-sire.

Angron should have died at Desh'ea. The very fact he lived to become what he did because of the Emperor's utter disregard for his wishes is the most tragic tale of any Primarch.

He should have died with his army. It should have been glorious....

I'll second that. Angron is the whipping boy for a lot of jokes about being a mindless, Angry killing machine. But it's the why that counts. He should have been able to go out like a champion. Which is why he is my pick.

My least favorite...It's a toss up between Fulgrim and Kruze. Fulgrim is too boring for me. and Kruze...ugh, he went out like a punk. I know it's that whole "Heart of Darkness" thing going on. And I know he's supposed to be batman, or whatever. But his death is JUST SO LAME. "I knew they were coming. So I let them..." whatever bro.

Mortarion. My first real army, small scale, was Plague Marines, and I started reading the Horus Heresy novels shortly thereafter. Flight of the Eisenstein showed me Mortarion, and the dude was scary BEFORE he fell to Chaos. He's positively terrifying afterward. Even his bodyguard are scary: they carry SCYTHES as their weapon of choice.

A grim reaper of a Primarch flanked by a scythe wielding bodyguard. Good gravy.

My vote is for the true Primarch of Tzeentch, Alpharius Omegon. Master of deceit and treachery, he got that one-eyed red stalking horse to take everyone's attention while he really gets the work done that the Architect of Fates needs to get done.

Chapter-Master

I am alpharius!
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Thaldin View Post
    My vote is for Alpharius because, in theory, he (they) were still trying to save mankind... not convert it, use it, sacrifice it... but save it and to do so, they went against all they believed and put mankind ahead of themselves to try to preserve it.
    SPOILERS

I thought they were trying to do the exact opposite. Wasn't the plan at the end of legion that Horus would win, his last spark of humanity leads to guilt and he obliterates the human race in his shame, burning out the fuel chaos needs and ending it once and for all. Humanity dies but the rest of the galaxy is saved. Alpahrius and Omegon see that the emperors plan is to defeat chaos and that letting Horus win is the only way to do this. They are serving the Emperor in their own twisted way, but not trying to save humanity.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Battle-Brother

This is heavily biased by which black library story I am reading, but since I am doing Vulkan Lives right now, its Konrad Curze. The guy is effing *crazy*. I think someone on the frontline podcast recently said something like, um, when the Emperor showed up to take in Curze, why didn't he say 'ok, you are an effed up little guy. You kill people for fun. I'm leaving you here."

Curze has a logic- and the most scary thing about him is that he thinks he's a virtuous guy.

He is my vote for the "best" primarch.

Now, although I am fervant Word Bearers player and I love the work Lorgar rolled out and their stories and heroes. I just can't seperate a sense of empathy with Angron.

The raw power, the passion and the drive are even greater than Lorgar's to his cause. His purity of purpose, absolute sense of honor and loyalty. Which the Emperizzle clearly doesn't get after letting him watch his brothers die to the last man with out him. The Emperor tricked and betrayed Angron long before Angron returned the favour. Angron was strong enough to turn from that illusion of power and embrace the truth of his own destiny at the side of the Blood God.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamHarry View Post
    My least favorite...It's a toss up between Fulgrim and Kruze. Fulgrim is too boring for me. and Kruze...ugh, he went out like a punk. I know it's that whole "Heart of Darkness" thing going on. And I know he's supposed to be batman, or whatever. But his death is JUST SO LAME. "I knew they were coming. So I let them..." whatever bro.
    It was more like for Kruze, his Father sending an assassin to kill him was proof that the Emperor wasn't going to win Father of the Year anytime soon. It vindicated his actions and showed the darkness of the Emperor.

I had to go with the Night Haunter. He fathered my favorite legion, and yes he is like Batman...if Batman was a psychic murder machine with a twisted streak (maybe he's more like Moon Knight).

Scout

Angron is by far my favorite. Whats better than a raging, blood drenched, techno-gladiator? Im sure things may have gone down a bit differently if the Emperor would have waited for Angron to lead his suicidal charge and stepped in right before he was struck down. But that wouldnt have been fun.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast