BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    First-Captain

Default Aliens VS Predator The Miniatures Game

Well...it's here. But it has met with a rather frosty reception from fans on Facebook.
    It has already been funded but does not seem to be great value and people are complaining that the stretch goals are not clear. They were no early bird options which seems to have upset people. The game's contents does not list any dice but I think there are 3 in the picture blacked out.
    No update or comment form the creators as yet.
    I haven't jumped in yet which I am surprised about. I really want those models but the quality of the rest of the contents looks poor. The board for example looks bobbins. It should have been made to look like an alien infested ship for example instead of....whatever it is. Is it maybe Predator heat vision?
    I'm gonna hold fire for updates and messages.

[url]http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/513277403/alien-vs-predator-the-miniatures-game[/url]

Kind of pissed off there is no female Marines to be honest and the female predator just has giant breasts, so original. Alien was the first female led action films that I'm aware of and even the AvP films had female Marines so reducing female presence to a pair of giant ****ing predator breasts is offensive.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Oh look! Not-Space-Hulk! Which is kind of ironic when you think about it.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

First-Captain

Lets see what updates there are.
    I agree there should have been a kick a$$ Jenette Vasquez in the starting box but I do like the Female Predator model.
    It does seem like this Kickstarter lacks something relative to others I have pledged for. I don't know.

Unlocked

Occuli Imperator

It looks very Space Hulk-esque...
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

I don't mind the predatorette, but it's really galling that in a franchise shaped by female protagonists the only woman is a stretch goal. Plus the huge breasts are a little silly.

Edit: to be fair to them, that is the established image. Google' female predator' if you want a ton images of alien breasts.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Makes little sense for Predettes to have great big gert stonkers.

Surely they'd be far closer to female atheletes, in that it's predominantly muscle?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

First-Captain

Retract the gall.
    According to the comments section there is a female marine in the box eldargal, one in the add on and more to come. I'm surprised they haven't publicised it more.

This fella has been unlocked.

Ripley, Newt ("Hudson! This little girl survived longer than that with no weapons and no training."), Vasquez ("Okay. We have several canisters of CM-20. I say we go back in there and nerve gas the whole f***in' nest."), Ferro ("We're in the pipe, five by five"), Hudson ("No. Have you?"); Aliens featured a fist full of strong female character taking care of business. The fact that the game doesn't seems a real shame.

Occuli Imperator

Ripley was originially intended to be male...
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast