BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Plague Marine View Post
    I suspected as much but cannot find it in the rule book, page/paragraph reference please?
    As far as I can see there is no "Flyer" special rule and Skyfire isn't listed as a special rule under Flying Monstrous Creatures either.....
    Page 81:
    Flyers can choose whether or not to use the Skyfire special rule at the start of each Shooting phase.

I suspected as much but cannot find it in the rule book, page/paragraph reference please?
    BRB pg 81, "Special Rules" says that flyers may choose whether to use Skyfire at the beginning of each shooting phase.
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Veteran-Sergeant

~face palm~ and there it is, thanks muchly.

As far as I can see there is no "Flyer" special rule and Skyfire isn't listed as a special rule under Flying Monstrous Creatures either.....
    its not a Universal Special Rule, its a unit type, its in the descriptions of unit types, a Zooming Flyer gets to choose at the start of a turn if it going to have Skyfire or not, so it can either shoot at ground targets or other flyers.

Could also go with using the devastator doctrine on Ultramarines to give snapshot re-rolls (which marginally more than doubles your chance of hitting sans-skyfire). With a Devastator squad and a few combat squads with heavy weapons it should be possible to down an aircraft in that turn. (plus if you are going second and the flyer comes on at first opportunity, this is probably the perfect turn to use that doctrine anyway)

Additionally, it doesn't specifically say in the BRB that Flying MCs get to choose to use Skyfire, but in the FAQ, page 6 (of version 1.5 at least), it does say "yes, FMCs should get to choose Skyfire while Swooping". So there's where that rule was hiding, if anyone is curious.
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12