This is a serious question.

I've been looking over the lores of battle magic, and the fact remains that all of them are awesome. However, not all of them are equally awesome in all situations. You've got lores that are no good against armored infantry and lores that are no good against swarms and hordes. There are lores that are really great against one foe or another, but lack that special benefit against other opponents. There are lores with tons of spells that are great in every circumstance and lores with many corner-case spells.

And then there's High Magic... practically every spell is a winner. There isn't a single spell in the lore that I wouldn't consider casting at least once. And every time you cast a spell, you can toss it out and replace it with a spell from the lore of your choice. Fighting daemons? Get some light magic! Need more magical attacks to deal with an ethereal cavalry deathstar? Go Lore of Metal, and enjoy either The Searing Doom or Enchanted Blades of Aiban. Need to spam magical attacks to whittle down an approaching horde? Go with Lore of Fire. Then, when you're finally in combat, swap it out for Lore of Beasts.

I'm not saying that other lores aren't good... I'm saying that they're all good, so why not go with High Magic?

Am I missing something here?