BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I love the fluff and painting. The rules are sadly a neccessary evil which i must suffer from edition to edition.
    Sure some rules get better, however gw always screw the pooch with some utter clangers in each incarnation.
    Proof of this need only be seen in the fortification placement rules. There are others but thats in other threads.

Ps. Deadlift, why are your posts so huge on the threads when they are only a single line?

Banned

I play 40k to meet chicks

Possibly explains why I'm single :/

Iron Father

I know if I want the mrs to ignore me and leave me alone, the barest hint of me turning the conversation around to 40k is guarenteed to make her eyes glaze over and for her to bugger off and leave me alone
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

To get away from the grind and also my 11 year old son likes to play so I get to spend time with him.

burt

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    I play 40k to meet chicks

Possibly explains why I'm single :/
    Toplel. I play because its what my friends do (well at least the one group of friends I hang out with most frequently).

That and the fluff is awesome.

Scout

I got started in this hobby 13 years ago and I have not looked back a single moment. I love the fluff, in fact I have now run three successful Dark Heresy campaigns, and I love the minis and rules. Warhammer is what brought me out of my social shell as a kid and was instrumental in how I've developed into a sociable person. But the main reason I play is because I love spending an evening with friends and having an absolute bloodbath where out of the dozens or hundreds of models we placed on the field there remained only 5 or 10 guys on the field.

All of the above. There's the modeling (painting, conversions, etc), fluff (codex, novels, etc) and strategy (list building, podcasts, videos, batreps) to occupy my personal time and then the gaming with others when I want to socialize. I don't get to do nearly as much as I want to in the hobby and on top of that the genre is always expanding and evolving. I general, I just love me some 40k.
    I have no fear of drowning; it's the breathing that's taking all this work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12