BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr Who

Chapter-Master

Joseph Marcell as a talking amorphous blob too please. Basicly his character from fresh prince in the form of a small blue liquid creature the doctor can keep in a jar if need be.

not sure what to think of this saturdays episode so far. Had some interesting ideas but felt like it was trying too hard to be a tom baker serial, again with those hinchecliffe and hammer horror influences. Would of been better with more science fiction elements imo. Will be happy if gallifrey is brought back properly, if it is just another "visit" like the awful last of the time lords I will be annoyed.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Looks like it's brought back properly.

I can't even wrap my head about doing what's basically a 200,000,000,000 year version of "Groundhog Day." That has to be a mess. Though apparently it was kind of "all in his mind" as he was still in the device the whole time. (Wasn't that his confession dial?)

I'm a bit more concerned about this "Hybrid" talk. Please, please, PLEASE don't make the throwaway line about being half-human an actual thing.

He was indeed inside his confession dial.

I think.

I dunno.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

It seemed like a clever twist at the end until I thought about it properly and realised the moat would fill with skulls long before he punched his way through the wall, resulting in his death before he figures out to get back to the transport room. At least get your own internal logic consistent Moffat.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Not if its functionally bottomless.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    It seemed like a clever twist at the end until I thought about it properly and realised the moat would fill with skulls long before he punched his way through the wall, resulting in his death before he figures out to get back to the transport room. At least get your own internal logic consistent Moffat.
    Unless it wasn't really happening, the skulls weren't real, and it was just a trap inside the device, a psychological prison... which would explain how he could keep dying and being reborn without needing regenerations or anything. The device marked the passage of time in its internal world, but not everything else. And if the rooms and all reset, why couldn't the area under the water?

Chapter-Master

That would involve some science fiction, and SF is something moffat has little knowledge or respect for.

I rewatched Castrovalva this evening. Way f**king better.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Not if its functionally bottomless.
    It isn't cos it's filled with skulls. We saw them.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    Unless it wasn't really happening, the skulls weren't real, and it was just a trap inside the device, a psychological prison... which would explain how he could keep dying and being reborn without needing regenerations or anything. The device marked the passage of time in its internal world, but not everything else. And if the rooms and all reset, why couldn't the area under the water?
    It was filled with skulls, so it clearly wasn't resetting. As for being a psychological prison, I guess it could be, but if that's so why couldn't he break out quicker? The whole thing made no sense.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    It was filled with skulls, so it clearly wasn't resetting. As for being a psychological prison, I guess it could be, but if that's so why couldn't he break out quicker? The whole thing made no sense.
    It could have been pre-filled with skulls, something to trick him, much like how everything was resetting.

Why couldn't he break out quicker? Well, again, the passage of time might have been different than real time. And it was probably a part of the "prison" to keep him unbalanced so much that every time he himself reset, he forgot about his plan until the end, even though he kept leaving subconscious clues.

First-Captain

Yes he was in his Confession Dial, which had two zones which appear to not reset, room 12 and the moat, which also appears to have been a reverse Tardis effect, bigger on the outside of the castle rather then on the inside.

I think it works a bit like a cross between a teleporter and a Timelord Matrix, which if you's watched this weekends epsiode, you'll have heard about again....

Hell of a twist on the Doctor's part to suffer a similar fate as poor old Donna Noble.

Ohh and the Doctor's been Half Human since the 8th Doctors TV Movie by the way, which in turn was a take on the old Peter Cushing's Dr Who movies Doctor who WAS human.
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast