BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr Who

Chapter-Master

Default Dr Who

Couldn't find the old thread.

Trailer for the 50th special is out now...

I am so god damn excited for this

My theory for Hurt's doctor is he'll be the one from the Time War....but its also been rumoured he's a doctor from been 8 and 9
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Jaw has dropped. Nerd has Gasmd.

It would make sense for Dr Hurt to be between the rubbish one (McCann) and the just as rubbish one (Northern, name cannot be recalled right now!).

And it's the day after payday to boot. Phone will be off. Door is not to be knocked. I am not to be disturbed at all. On pain of death. And afterwards, likely off up the pub, see if I can't summon a Beer Tardis to get me home to mark the 50th.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

My theory for Hurt's doctor is he'll be the one from the Time War....but its also been rumoured he's a doctor from been 8 and 9
    I thought this was already confirmed/obvious. Aside from anything else, the trailer has the Hurt Doctor reaching for the Moment, which IIRC was the thing he used to seal the Time War (at least according to the Time Lords who showed up in the Tennant death story where the Master was using the Shin Hadouken like it was on sale).

I am very psyched for this, especially considering 'The Five Doctors' is the best Old Who adventure after 'Genesis of the Daleks'.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Kind of bad that the BBC has snubbed all the other surviving Doctors though. Colin Baker and Paul McGann are totes cranky apparently and I don't blame them.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Librarian

well, its possible thye might still be in on it, you know how the folks making the show like to keep their secrets! (im actually hoping for that to be the case as I didn't see much of the old ones)
    The Dark Angels, The Emperor's First, and Finest!
    A moment of Laxity spawns a lifetime of Heresy

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Kind of bad that the BBC has snubbed all the other surviving Doctors though. Colin Baker and Paul McGann are totes cranky apparently and I don't blame them.
    Seeing as Colin Baker virtually buried the show, to the point where the frankly excellent McCoy couldn't resurrect it properly, he can suck 'em.

And Paul McGann isn't a proper Doctor.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Seeing as Colin Baker virtually buried the show, to the point where the frankly excellent McCoy couldn't resurrect it properly, he can suck 'em.

And Paul McGann isn't a proper Doctor.
    To quote the great Larry Hama, creator of most of GI Joe's modern background - "every character is someone's favourite*."
    For me the 5th, 6th and 7th doctors are who I grew up with, and I remember the 8th very fondly, so for such a big anniversary to to acknowledge them seems foolish. And keeping it secret doubly so as it just annoys people who wanted to see them.

*Except Joffrey, nobody likes that guy.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I was under the impression that all the surviving doctors were going to be in it. Have we had it confirmed that it's just tenant and hurt?
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

I don't know, I just saw people complaining about it so jumped on the bandwagon.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Brother-Captain

Does anyone know if there will be multiple showings that day as I will be at work when it is playing here in the States

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast