BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr Who

Paul McGann Doctor is pretty good, thought he was good in the film and in the audio books and such the 8th doctor is as good as any. I don't think blaming the decline of the show on the actor is fair either.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by lobster-overlord View Post
    Does anyone know if there will be multiple showings that day as I will be at work when it is playing here in the States
    No word on additional showings that day, but some theatres are showing it on Monday night (check around for that). Wish something was close to me either Saturday (when theatres are doing 3D) or Monday.
    I'm thinking it'd probably turn out more like Daleks playing Quiddich. "It is the Potter!! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! " (someone I know on twitter)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Seeing as Colin Baker virtually buried the show, to the point where the frankly excellent McCoy couldn't resurrect it properly, he can suck 'em.

And Paul McGann isn't a proper Doctor.
    Colin Baker was SCREWED by the producer of the show (in every possible way). There's a lot of history with that to look up but it wasn't his fault. Check out some of his Big Finish Audios for stories that are 1000X better than ever actually aired.

And also since I brought it up, after listening to the Big Finish McGann audios-he MY Doctor. (then again, they all are, aren't they?)
    I'm thinking it'd probably turn out more like Daleks playing Quiddich. "It is the Potter!! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! " (someone I know on twitter)

Chapter-Master

Both Colin Baker and Paul McGann are excellent on Audio - I especially like McGann's earlier seasons, has arguably the best cybermen story "The Sword of Orion" and the excellent Sapphire & Steel esque "The Chimes of Midnight" to name but a few. As for the special, ill ignore it's existence like the rest of new-who.

Seems Aunty keep on lying to us, in really good ways!

Check out the prequel episode 'Night of the Doctor'.....up on Youtube now.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

This just makes me want more Mcgann :'(

First thing Moffat's done (since curse of fatal death) I've liked. I will thank Moffat for this one! But I still want a proper McGann tv series :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    This just makes me want more Mcgann :'(

First thing Moffat's done (since curse of fatal death) I've liked. I will thank Moffat for this one! But I still want a proper McGann tv series :'(
    I think the best we could hope for is the odd special. Which despite finding The Movie somewhat lame, I'm all up for.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

The TV Movie was lame, but in terms of "Pilots", i'd rather watch that than "Rose" as at least the TVM had 2 decent doctors and a TARDIS that was actually prorperly huge. You really should give the Audio-dramas a chance - the first 50 have been made permanently £5 (CD) and £3 (Download). The early McGann audios are what won me over and I didn't actually like Paul McGann for years until i gave him a second chance on audio - and now he's one of my faves!

[url]http://www.bigfinish.com/ranges/released/monthly-series/page:7[/url]
    Personal faves would be Storm Warning, Sword Of Orion (the best cybermen story too imo), the Chimes of Midnight (a very Sapphire & Steel style story!), Embrace The Darkness and the amazing Neverland (when you find out what that planet is...whoah).
    Last edited by Asymmetrical Xeno; 11-14-2013 at 11:52 AM.

Brother-Captain

And Paul McGann isn't a proper Doctor.
    Yes he is and after watching him in that mini episode, I really badly want to see him given some more screen time cos he deserves it. I enjoyed those few minutes with him more than the entire run of the last series with Matt Smith.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Seems Aunty keep on lying to us, in really good ways!

Check out the prequel episode 'Night of the Doctor'.....up on Youtube now.
    Bless them.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast